Can anyone help? I am new to this.

Thanks

Al

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,'

Can u pl check a file alog and ulog files if there is any entries relating to this?

The path will be \usr\sap\trans\log Check and revert back.

Updating the spam 19 is a criteria for the said patch

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your posts.

Firstly, I cannot find anywhere that tells me how to upgrade tp?

Secondly, I checked the U file and extracted the command that tp was trying to run:

tp XPA ALL S01 pf=E:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_S01.PFL -Dimpdp_by_event=yes -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dbatch_proc=1 tag=spam -Dtransdir=E:\usr\sap\trans

I ran this command manually in a command window and the log included the following:

SELECT VERSION AS c from SVERS

Invalid object name SVERS

So it thinks that I have a table missing, but I have looked in SQL Server and the table exists. Any ideas on a resolution?

Thanks

Al.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logon to 000 client with ddic user and in se38 execute RDDNEWPP with high priority. Do this 2-3 times

In sm36 schedule the job RDDIMPDP job with high priority and see if it works.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yuezhi_zhao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dear Friends:

I think I maybe I can provide some hints here:

1. NEVER use TMS to import a support package. Support package are special transport request and they requires more work than regular TRs. If you use TMS to import a support pacakge, some system tables like AVERS wll not be updated and you will still see the old SP level in the system status even the import is successful, in this case, BASIS SP level will remain 14.

2. If the error code is 0008, this means theres something wrong the this specific pacakge. This tools (TP or R3trans) are fine. If the tools have problems, the return code is 12, 14 or 16.

3. The SAP trigger RDDNEWPP and RDDIMPDP ETC are the triggers to start the import phase, in this case, XPARS phase has started, the the RDD* triggers should be working fine.

4. Here comes the real analysis: In XPRAS phase, some reports are being executed int he background to finish the generation. So, at this point, you need to enter SM37 to find the failed background job and you need to check the job log.

and then, you can go to SM21 and SM50 to check the corresponding system log and dev trace entry to locate the problem.

The table SVERS is a very important table to contain the release information of your system. I doubt it's missing in the system. But I have seen cases that the R/3 system has trouble reading the content. You can use SE16 to check if this table exists.

Can you please find the failed job in SM37 and attach the job log and let me see if I can locate th problem.

Regards,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your posts.

I scrapped my installation and started again, and have a working system.

Thanks

Al.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you have problem with TP. Check the TP version if required upgrade. May be due to network failure or Domain controller is not working during the support pack update.

Try to run again. It should go through. Check the SAP Note 672651 but there is no issues regarding your problem. But have a look on this note where the problems and the workarounds are mentioned.

Do reward point if you find them useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think I can upgrade TP as SPAM is stuck with KB64015.

As you say, there does not seem to be a fix in SAP Note 672651.

Any other advice?

Thanks

Al.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no problem, you can upgrade your TP even SPAM is stcuk with KB64015.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like you may have a TMS problem.

Is your Transport Managements System configured and can you import an transport to this system?

If not try this:

Log into the client 000 as DDIC, of the Domain system, normally were you do your develpment but not always the case, and set it up as standard, for three system landscape, Dev, QA and Production. If you do not have only three systems, you will have to edit the config after this.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prior to getting this error I had installed patched KB64013 and KB64014, as well as KD64020. Does that indicate that my transport system is configured OK?

I followed the steps 'Configuring the Transport Domain Controller' as described in SAP Library. Have I missed something?

Thanks

Al.