cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Personas Users,

I am building a flavor for ME51N (create purchase req). Is it possible to hide HTML controls? Specifically, I am talking about the "variant" box in the top left of this transaction when the Document Overview functionality is turned on.

In addition, I have created a script button that automates the selection variant button by choosing the "My Purchase Requisitions option" so that a user only has to click the script button to generate the list.  This button worked for a while then started giving an error, so I recreated the script. It worked fine then stopped again and so on. Now I can't get it to work at all.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

it is certainly possible to hide this HTML control. I just tried it and had no problems with doing so.

As for having a script button that selects 'My Purchase Requisitions', that doesn't seem to be a problem either... I used these two script steps:

ses[0]/wnd[0]/dockcnt[1]/splitcnt/cell[0][1]/tbar/dropmenuSELECT

Right Click

ses[0]/wnd[0]/dockcnt[1]/splitcnt/cell[0][1]/tbar/dropmenuSELECT/menuCONTEXT/item00505680331F1ED497F495C9EE5F6C16NEWREQ_BY_USER_QUERY

Select

Does this not work for you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for your quick response. My script looks identical to yours, save for the [1] after dockcnt in both steps.  As I mentioned before, the button originally worked fine, then stopped working. When I recreated it, it worked fine again and then stopped. Now it won't work at all. I found a reference to the issue in OSS note 1884539:

"Script Execution - Controls Not Found.

Certain screens like ME21N and other SAP Enjoy transactions have different sub screen IDs

depending on the expand/collapse state of the panels (like header, items, etc.,). Scripts that

use IDs of controls from these screens can fail if the control is not found in a particular

state of the screen."

I assume this is still a known limitation unless someone can advise otherwise.

As for the HTML control, I probably did not explain very well. I can hide the entire control as well, but what I really want to do is just get rid of the top portion in some fashion - the part right above the Get My Purchas Reqs button - I need to keep the portion under that.

If that is what you were able to hide, please give me the steps to reproduce.

Thanks!

Jeremy