cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I created a new user in HANA Studio GUI, but it does not appear in the Catalog view.  I have logged off and on and it still doesn't appear.  Am I missing a grant?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All!  The issue has been resolved.  Thank you for the helpful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

how it has been solved let us know

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

I am not 100% sure, but I think in the end it was an Eclipse UI error.  I applied the above grant and then logged off and logged on and the user then appeared in the catalog.  However, I created another new user and refreshed catalog without applying the grant and the newly created user appeared.  So, I think in the end it was an Eclipse issue.

Thanks again!

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Try this. Execute the following in a SQL window started by a userid that has been granted the USER ADMIN system privilege:

ALTER USER XXXXX VALID FROM NOW    UNTIL FOREVER;

You can use a date instead of FOREVER --- '2016-12-31 23:59'.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Yes, you are missing a grant. For example, you let SYSTEM create USER_A. You need to let USER_A grant SELECT privilege on schema USER_A to SYSTEM, if you want SYSTEM see all objects in schema USER_A.

Best regards,

Wenjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I re-read your question and now I'm not sure about your question. Do you mean the scenario which I explained above, i.e., you let SYSTEM create USER_A and you want SYSTEM can see the schema USER_A under his "Catalog"  folder or you want to login with the new user USER_A?

If you want to login with the new user, you can right click the current system and choose "Add System with Different User", then you input the username and password to login. You may required to change the password.

Best regards,

Wenjun