cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas 2.0 - How to disable / manipulate the enter key?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to put a validation on some fields to allow only uppercase. My solution is to replace the "save button" to run a script with this rule, but how to disable / manipulate the enter key to force the script before saving?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can make use of "link textbox to button" control.

Link all the text boxes present on your screen to a dummy script button, which would avoid triggering of enter.

Regards,

Karthikeya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Todd, I have to make this and other rules in various transactions. One of these is the "XD01 - Create Customer", which has several fields, but the rules will apply to only some of them. Your solution is very good and we will use it, but the problem is that the user can press the enter key on any field and it performs recording (such as pressing the save button). In this case the rule would not performed.

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

You may be able to combine both solutions.  You could use Krthikeya's solution to tie all of the text boxes to a script button, but then use the script button to change the fields you want to upper case.

Thanks,

Todd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todd.

That's it! Let's do this... combine both solutions.

Thank you Todd.

Regards,

Rodrigo Pinca.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthikeya thank you for your reply, this solution will help me a lot!

One of the transactions that I need to make these rules is "XD01 - Create Customer", which has several fields, but the rules will apply to only some of them, but I'll have to link all the textboxes with the script button.

nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Glad that I could be of come help

Regards,

Karthikeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

Instead of putting a validation, why not just write a script that will change the value to upper case when the user pushes a button?  I just tested this and it worked:

Thanks,

Todd