cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM script sap_core_reconcile_users script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me where you would go to extract all of the core scripts from a specific install of IDM. (our version is 7.2 sp8).   This question is in relation to another topic I have opened in that we currently are having an issue with reconciling users and a job that used to work for that uses the following global SAP script.

sap_core_reconcile_users

The issue is that we are running 7.2 sp8 in both our QAS and PRD environments but that scirpt in QAS and completely different then what is currently in PRD.

I was under the assumption that the SAP global scripts are always overwritten in an upgrade so I am a little confused as to how this script differs so much with the same upgrade being performed in both environments (unless some one physically changed the script manually or via a note fix)

If I can export/download this script from an SAP directory or install file that would help me understand which is supposed to be used in 7.2 sp8 (and if it is the one that is now failing in PRD then when SAP does ever get back to us we can ask them to debug their own script)

any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scripts are part of the provisioning framework and become part of the configuration from the time of import. They are not touched by or contained in the Designtime, DB or Runtime install/upgrade processes. Only an import/update of the framework itself in the Development systems and the following configuration staging process to qa/prod will update the global scripts. This is one of the major difficulties version 8 and its package concept tries to make easier.

Br,

Per Krabsetsve

Former Member
0 Kudos

so what you are saying is that if an SAP script is different from QAS to PRD, it is because someone updated it manually in one environment and not the other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possibly. Two other options I can think of are  that there was a message about script(s) that failed to update or something during import of the configuration that was not seen in the logfile, or that overwrite existing global scripts was not selected.

Br,

Per

Answers (0)