cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM Retrofit to end in Quality2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Charm Experts,

I really need your help. Actually our Charm “runs like a charm” but there is one thing in the transport configuration I do not understand. How does CHARM and STMS work together?

This is our System Landscape
DEV1-QAS1-PRD1

DEV2-QAS2-PRD2(virtual)

We do have 3 Projects.

ZMAINT – Using a logical component with DEV1-QAS1-PRD1 (retrofit source ) for maintenance.

ZPROJ – Using a logical component with DEV2-QAS2- DEV1-QAS1-PRD1 for Rollout implementation.

ZRETR – Using a logical component with DEV2-QAS2-PRD2(virtual)

Question:

How do I get the Retrofit to end in QAS2 or PRD2?

The problem consist in the STMS configuration, where the System QAS2 has a delivery route to DEV1. Otherwise I could not Transport ZPROJ changes from DEV2 in DEV1-QAS1-PRD1 for Go-Live.In “Solar_project_admin”, I could see that the shipment Route of ZRETR ends in PRD2, but while Charm is fine after Transport is in PRD2, STMS comes along and sets the Transport for import to DEV1 (but I don’t want the Retrofit Transports in DEV1).

When I take away the delivery from QAS2 to DEV1, retrofit is perfect, but I am not able to transport ZPROJ Transport to DEV1 and further anymore (at least the transports are not automatically set for import in DEV1.

Is there any way, to set project depended Shipment Routes?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

CHARM transporting mechanism is based on STMS rules, so for STMS your route DEV2-QA2-DEV1-QA1-PRD1 means that the moment a transport is imported into QA2 - it gets released and put in the buffer for DEV1 as a follow up system, STMS does that because that is what your route tells it to do.

Can you possibly use a different QA system for Retrofit landscape ?

Regards

Elena