cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar is not considered by CTM on source location for distribution demand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When CTM runs, CTM creates a purchase requisition on xxx (receiving location) and creates a distribution demand on yyy (source location) on non working days which means CTM does not consider any calender in source location. There was no GR time maintained on source location. When I create a purchase requisition on xxx manually, distribution demand is created on working days as expected.

here are the settings,

1. Calendar (shipping/warehouse) is maintained properly.

2. Product is in-house production in source location.

3. in CTM, Settings-->Master data setting --> Ignore master data --> "Shipping and receiving calendar" is not checked.

Could anybody let me know what could be the reason behind it? or what should I want to check apart from calendar on source location or CTM settings.

Thanks in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I think this is standard behaviour of CTM.

" Transport and Handling Resources in CTM

- Resource Attributes: The transportation resource size is not considered. Time-continuous, calendar, and mixed resources must have 100% utilization and no unscheduled breaks."

For GR/GI see below:

"Goods issue/receipt Dates/times in CTM

Goods receipt and goods issue times will be taken into account during the scheduling. The system will regard the shipping and the receiving calendar for the involved locations or the corresponding handling resources. The GR/GI time has to be larger than zero. For in-house production, only the GR time will be considered."

I know that for ressource the breaks or non working days are not considered.

Thanks.

Regards Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marius,

Sorry for the delayed reply and yes you are right as this is the standard behaviour of CTM that source location calender is not considered by CTM if GR/GI is not maintained.

Thank you all for your kind support!

Regards,

SureshKumar V

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If it was helpful for you please validate the right answers. So, the others consultant can benefit!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

More details below:

GR and GI Processing Times:

The shipping calendar of the corresponding location is used for scheduling GR and GI activities.

Breaks between activities are only allowed if the corresponding calendar contains a break. GR and

GI activities cannot start or end in breaks of the corresponding shipping calendar.

If an activity is scheduled over the break of the shipping calendar, the total time of

the activity is extended by the break duration.

Even if no transport duration is specified (that is, transport duration = 0), the transport calendar is

taken into account during scheduling.

Note:

CTM considers priorities, quotas, durations and calendars maintained for the transportation lanes.

The parameter

Ignore Shipping and Receiving Calendar:

If you do not set the The parameter Ignore Shipping and Receiving Calendar:

If you do not set the indicator, CTM planning considers the receiving calendar and shipping calendar maintained in the location master when creating a goods receipt and goods issue activity. If you do set the indicator, CTM executes planning without considering the receiving calendar and shipping calendar. The system can then create goods receipt and goods issue activities at any time within the validity of the transportation lane.

Hope that can help you!

Thanks Marius

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to have a GI time and a shipping calendar assigned to shipping location;  then a GR time and a receiving calendar assigned to receiving location.