cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line item tax rounding and header impact

Hello,

We have an issue regarding our tax condition type and how the header value is calculated versus the manual calculation.

Our tax condition type JRC1 is maintained at 5% in FTXP.

When the system calculates the tax amount for each line, it is rounding using commercial rounding set at the condition type. (Net value * 5%)

For multiple lines we get rounded tax amounts at the line item level.  These are then added up to display the header tax condition type.

However, when I manually calculate the total net value (header level) * 5%, I am pennies off due to this rounding at line item level.

I've seen other posts about this, but have not been successful.  I have tried using this as a group condition, but to no success.

Would it be possible to add a routine that calculates the header amount first, then distribute to the line items even if this is not a manual condition type?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor

Please refer the SAP Note - 403254. It explains how the rounding difference happens and how the differential amount is handled....in the case of group condition.

The rounding happens at line item level. Similarly, the condition amount will be calculated at header level (@ 5%) also and after rounding it...system compares this header value with the cumulation of values from all the items. If there is a difference (positive or negative) between these two values, then the difference will be added to the line item (of that group) with highest net value.

0 Kudos

Thanks for this information.

It just seems like the group condition setting is not working for this.  I keep seeing that the header amount is just the sum of all of the rounded line items.  I've even changed the condition type to line item and header and tested each one.  It seems that the condition is calculating at line item always.

This has automatic pricing at the line item level as there is a condition record for it.  I didn't think that you could have an automatic condition type set as a group condition.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please set the group condition indicator for the condition type JRC1 (GST) at the below path and check if it works.

IMG - Financial Accounting - Financial Accounting Global Settings - Basic Settings - Check Calculation Procedure - Define Condition Types.

Select JRC1 and activate the indicator for group condition. Do not test with the existing documents, but create a new cycle and check.

0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi.  That seemed to work.  I was trying to maintain that condition at the SD side and not the Financial side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this, Ravi. It also worked in similar scenario that Marcus described. Well done!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at this where the same issue has been discussed and joan mas has given solution                                       

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

I saw that initial post and reached out on that discussion, however simply maintaining that as a group condition with the rounding rule as suggested did not solve my issue.  I was thinking there was another setting somewhere that was missed or not mentioned.

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Marcus ,

We are using custom rotinue for rounding the tax condition type please find the below screen shot .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the below settings and test it and check if it fulfills your requirement.

In OB90 - Maintain the Rounding unit as 100 against your Company code and Currency.

In your pricing procedure you maintain the Cal type as 17 as below:

For each condition type individual rounding rule during pricing can be assigned.

Example

In the standard rounding rule (Commercial) ‘blank ', values are rounded off according to business standards:

1. 0.375 -> 0.38 INR
  2. 15.875 -> 15.88 INR

In rounding rule 'A', values are always rounded up:

1. 10.469 -> 10.47 INR
  2. 10.461 -> 10.47 INR

In rounding rule 'B', values are always rounded down:

1. 1045.9 -> 1045 INR
  2. 1045.1 -> 1045 INR

Since the rounding rule requirement is to round off to the nearest INR, the Commercial (blank) rounding rule in condition types would not be sufficient as they are only for decimal place rounding. Hence we are using standard rounding rule routine No. 17 in CalType in Tax procedure

Regards,

SRK

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

Our requirement is that the header level tax value and line item tax value rounds at 2 decimal places.  So if our total net value at the header level is 4,103.40 CAD, then the value should be 205.17.  (4103.40 * .05). 

Since our line items are rounding, we are getting a header value of 205.18 before.

Using the configuration you mentioned above, the header value is displaying as 205.00.