cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passcode reset - Afaria 7 SP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

When a passcode policy is set on an enrolled device, is there a way of having this passcode reset incase the user has

forgotten their passcode or the only option would be  a hard reset? I have seen other notes referring to an option on the admin

console "Unlock-Clear Passcode", but I cannot find this option on Afaria 7 SP5. I have implemented sap note 2055140 but this does

not seem to make this option visible.

Thanks in advance!

Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Sizo.

In addition to the condition outlined in the KBA you referenced, there is also an edge case where an encrypted device may have problems as a result of an Admin Lock or Unlock command.  As such, the option is disabled for those devices as well.

If you're certain Afaria is the only Device Administrator, the device is not encrypted and the device has hardware inventory displayed in the Afaria Administrator then just let us know the make and model of the device and if one is available for a quick test we could verify if we're seeing the same results.

Thanks,

Keith Nunn
SAP Active Global Support
SAP Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith;

After a hard reset and a fresh device enrollment, the Afaria client is the only Device administrator, but now, after pushing an application policy to the device, another application "Afaria Samsung MMEP" is installed on the device and also becomes a device administrator and the administrator option on this application cannot be disabled. I am testing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, model GT-P3100.

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sizo,

It was brought to my attention by Tracy that these options have been hidden from the Administrator entirely in SP5 due to the risk of making a device unusable after sending an admin lock or unlock - clear passcode command.

To reiterate, the scenarios we know about were 1) having both Afaria as a device admin along with another device admin, such as Exchange, which required a passcode (Afaria+MMEP are okay) and 2) an encrypted device, as encrypted devices require a passcode and clearing it would remove the key to encryption.

If the risk of bricking a device is fully understood then (edit:) please open an incident with support requesting the registry settings needed to re-enable these options.

Again, it's imperative to understand that using these options improperly can result in a device that is unusable.

Thanks,

Keith Nunn
SAP Active Global Support

SAP Canada

Message was edited by Keith Nunn as requested by Afaria Product Management.

Answers (0)