Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Strategy for Storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario.

we have defined storage type search strategy as follows

Ware house - Operation   - Storage type indicator - Storage type 1  , Storage type 2 - , Storage type 30.

WH1          - 2            -   AH1 -                                 AH1              -  AH2 . ........... ............ ...........

Storage section Search

Ware house - Storage type  -Storage Section Indicators -- Storage Section 1 -  Storage Section 2 ...

WH1              AH1 ---           AA     ----          -- A1 - A2  -

Now the question is , when i am receiving goods , system is searching storage type AH1 and respective storage section indicator A1, A2 and doing fine.

Once storage type AH1 is fully occupied, system should direct to AH2, thats system is doing , however it is not going for storage section seach. can any body suggest some idea , where i am missing.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhansu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For goods receipt the operation should be E instead of 2

Ware house - Operation   - Storage type indicator - Storage type 1  , Storage type 2 - , Storage type 30.

WH1          -   2   E       -   AH1 -                                 AH1              -  AH2 . ........... .......... ...........

Please share the full configuration detail of Storage section, (I hope that is defined for all the storage section)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Yes , you are correct, it is "E" for goods receipt.

And the search strategy is defined for all sections.

Any clue.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share the full configuration detail (screenshot) of Storage section & storage type, (I hope that storage section check related configuration is defined for Storage type AH2 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the details as follows here with.

When the storage sections for a storage type are full, then the system should place the material in the storage sections of the next storage type assigned as below.

Configuration for Storage type search TN2

Storage section search for TN2

Storage Section Check for S.Type TN2

Process: - Bin to Bin

As per configuration system allowed to transfer between bin to bin with in the storage section DG2/DH2/DI2/DJ2/DK2/DL2 which belongs to TN2 with Storage sec check “Y”.

But system doesn’t allow moving the article to any other storage section/storage types, Even though storage type Ind. TN2 is assigned with storage type TN2 along with AH2/ SLR/ SLB/ SLT.

System error: “Error occurred during storage section search”

Hope the above steps will clarify in details.

Please advise if any solutions.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the second screen i cannot see the storage section search setting for Storage type AH2, similar to TN2 you need to define the setting for AH2 / SLR/ SLB/ SLT as well

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Maybe you don't have activated storage section search at storage type, please check transaction OMLZ and check if your storage type AH2 has storage section check activated.

Best regards

Carlos Díaz