Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe -SAP interface

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need an interface to transfer BOM and Routing which is currently in Mainframes to SAP. If I do coding I will need to spend a lot on resources, my interaction with SAP friends suggests there exists an  interface tool  with SAP itself and also a third party interface  which will connect Mainframes and SAP ,but I am not aware of the exact technical specification of the interface tool, if you experts have come across such a tool that is Mainframe -SAP compatible ,please let me know the exact technical specification, so that I can talk to the client and get his nod .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Are you on AS400 with DB2?

If yes, I believe you can deploys the JDBC drivers (AS400) in PI and build the interface to extract the relevant data from the database (JDBC) and send it to SAP(Proxy).

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Sudhir

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

guess it is best to go for something that is standard than buiding one because standard will offer reliability building a new one is a herculean task , and one resource has to be employed to maintain the interface..hope you agree with me?

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could you explain a litle bit more about Mainframes?

Any possibility to extract BOM and routes information?

Are you able to consume webservices from Mainframes application?

Please elaborate your question to know what exaclty you want to to.

regards,

Roberto.

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Well Roberto ..the ultimate task is to preform costing in SAP ,now it is currently performed in Mainframes. The idea is to bring Costing relevant data's from Mainframes to SAP and perform costing in SAP. now the issue boils down to how to transfer costing relevant data's  to SAP from Mainframes. IS there any interface available .OR  do I need to download to excel from Mainframes  and upload to SAP ,during every costing instance. So the exact requirement is is to pull out costing relevant datas from MF to SAP

if you have any ideas please share with me .

kirill_smirnov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Could you please share some more information about the mainframe - what OS does it use, do you have any opportunity to talk to the people who support this mainframe?

I do not think that an interface exists which covers 100% of your requirement - to migrate data from your mainframe to an SAP system...

In the worst case, you would have to build a fully custom "file-SAP PI-ABAP proxy" scenario.

Please also check http://esworkplace.sap.com for standard SAP interfaces/components which might be used for your SAP-side objects.

Cheers,

Kirill

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Yes you can transfer data from Mainframes server to SAP Server using SAP PI but again depending on the type/protocol you need to select the respective adapter in SAP PI.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks naveen ,from your inputs i will check up what is the relevant adapter..supposing if any difficulties i will get back to you

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

i have some more to talk to you first i will do some research on your inputs and get back to you

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

well Naveen most of whom I spoke asked me to build an interface,but that is only a last option for me because I don't have resources on hand.but SAP NetWeaver Process Integration SAP-PI will have some kind of adapter ,to do the transfer- my requirement is to transfer BOM ,what is the technical specification of SAP PI adapter ,I wish to know that before contacting SAP ,I wish your inputs

Thanks

Rahul