Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule lines not reducing in Scheduling agreement ,shows error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the requirement as following such that the Vendor End stock when return due to some reason,such stock should directly

transferred to the Quality stock,so that the QM Inspector check and post defects.

since the vendor stock is treated as special stock, it is not possible to reverse the stock against the same PO in QM Stock.

for this solution, we have created new PO with subcontracting type and make header and BOM material same,so that the vendor end stock

will be reduced and same stock will be raised at our end.

Till such scenario is following OK and also the challan is reconcile against the OLD PO.

But we observed that schedule lines in OLD PO even deleting, system consider the qty while creating new challan and shows error as Qty exceed.

How to clear this issue.

Pl. suggest the best option.

With Regards,

Devendra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting the QA stock despite maintain setting in T156SY.

How to set into T156SY and inspection type in material master.

15 REPLIES 15

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from Internationalization and Unicode to SAP ERP - Logistics Materials Management (SAP MM)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I actually disagree, the whole story seems to be MM, but the question finally is nothing else than " while creating new challan and shows error as Qty exceed."  And Challan is an Indian thing

0 Kudos
And Challan is an Indian thing

Yes it might be true but for me, the problem is purely related to MM and not CIN.  No issues, if you want, you can move it to back to the forum where OP has originally posted.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue arises as the requirement is changed,

since we require the stock at QM from vendor return to record the QM Defects.

As consultant, while follow the scenario,other errors also should be cleared.

Since the schedule lines not reducing in background,it may also creates issue in MRP as the schedule lines are open.

Pl. suggest the BEST option.

With Regards,

Devendra

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay we can first focus on everything but this challan for the moment.

Unfortunately i still cannot follow what is written here.

you wrote: since the vendor stock is treated as special stock, it is not possible to reverse the stock against the same PO in QM Stock.

Unfortunately you did not say which kind of special stock it is. And you did not say which error you get when you try the cancellation.

you were talking about " Vendor End stock when return "  and that you want it in quality inspection

I get returns from a customer, and send returns to my vendor. So it is a bit confusing to me why I should do a receipt into quality stock when I actually want send the material back to the vendor.  Further it is unclear whether you use QM module or just the Q status in MM without any inspection lots.

Then you wrote " schedule lines not reducing in background"

Why should they reduce?  Usually I receive the goods, and the delta between scheduled quantity and received quantity is the open quantity.  This requires a more detailed explanation too. How it is currently and how it is expected. Example/Screenshots.

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Our management requirement is that When we send materials to vendor through subcontracting Document with movement type 541, Due to some defects in components such materials again send back from vendor, should be transferred to Quality Stock ,where defects will be recorded.

While creating document with movement type 542 or reversal , such components were transferred to Unrestricted stock.

As we try to change the stock type to Quality stock,system shows error with such combination not possible.

We have found another solution that New PO creation with subcontracting type,so that the header material and BOM material will be same. System is allowing to Good Receipt against such vendor return material into Quality stock. Also the system is allowing to reconcile the document against Old PO.

But when we try to send the components to the vendor with the OLD PO with Subcontracting with keeping the same schedule lines ,then system shows error as Qty exceed.

I also fear that Whether it also has the impact in Material Planning run?

Pl. suggest Best Business Practice.

With Regards,

Devendra

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to post 542 into Q-stock you would need to assign an inspection type to this movement.

This is a modification as it is not foreseen in SAP standard, please see OSS note 303061 - Changing inspection lot origin for movement type

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

As per suggestions and OSS Note, 542 movement and Inspection type to be set directly into the table

T156Q, 156SY and into OMJJ,

OSS Note also mentioned the inconsistencies as,

When inspection lots are created and processed, the origin is used for the internal control.

As a result, these incorrect settings can cause serious consequences. These consequences

only occur sporadically.

In MM, it may well be the case that inconsistencies between the stock of the inspection lots

and the inspection stock occur.

But Note also provide the solution as,

Solution

If you must change the assignment from a business point of view, the assignment can be carried out

in table T156SY (with Transaction SE16).

After this, the functions goods movement, inspection lot creation and usage decision must be tested.

If necessary, you must consult SAP.

Pl. suggest.

Devendra.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What more shall I suggest? I suggested to look into the OSS note. now it is your turn to evaluate the risk  based on your local processes which I and others do not know at all.

The note has the warning, but nobody here can release you from doing your own research and testing.

I personally would not implement this, as I do not really see an extraordinary workload in creating a second movement right after the return (or doing a manual inspection lot creation) for such rare events

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

I have mentioned following setting into T156SY,But it seems not working,

Pstng strng ref 542

Value Update X

Qty updating  X

Special Stock

Movement ind. L

Receipt Ind.

Consumption

Value String    WA04

Quantity string MA04

SLoc. necessary X

W/o value strg.

InspLotOrigin_D 05

InspLotOrigin_C 08

Bus. trans_D   PMS6

Bus. trans._C  PMSU

ED val.post.str

Is there any setting missing?

With Regards,

Devendra

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at least you would need the corresponding master data, e.g. inspection types in material master, and a business case created after this changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting the QA stock despite maintain setting in T156SY.

How to set into T156SY and inspection type in material master.

0 Kudos

Following setting in T156M allowing to Create material document for 542 movement with STOCK TYPE -Quality stock,

But Stock not getting posted to Quality stock.

BUSTM ZUSTD 2  CNT02   LBBSA

MOA4     2                   2        01

MOA4     2                   3        01

Pl. update.

With Regards,

Devendra

0 Kudos

Following setting in T156M allowing to Create quality stock -

BUSTM ZUSTD 2  CNT02  SMARD SMCHB  SMSLB SMSSL LBBSA  XQSSP

MOA4      2                  1         LQ1         CQ1                                       01        X

MOA4     2                   2        01                             OQ1    OSQ          01        X 

MOA4     2                   3        01                              OQ1    OSQ          01       X   

Since all this transaction in MIGO with movement type 542 allowed without PO.

Since we send the material with PO, Schedule lines remains open despite such transaction.

hence the Original issue not clearing.

Pl. suggest.

0 Kudos

hello,

Now it is simply decided to create executable program so that the vendor stock will be return to open stock with new movement type 942 ( same copy of 542)and then system will transfer in background to Inspection stock.

With Regards,

Devendra