Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to launch the application

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have been trying to launch ESR and ID but it is giving me the error:

In chrome  it says

unable to load resource com.sap.xpi.ibdir.client.jar(for ID part)

while in IE,

invalid argument supplied

InvalidArgumentException[ Invalid arguments supplied: { }]

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

pls note that I was able to launch the application earlier buy clearning the java cache. But this time this solution is not becoming fruitfull

I have also changed the java version from 1.7 to 1.6 and have gone through all other links.

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

prem_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

It is possible to have Java 1.7 & Java 1.6 in the same machine. Using firefox you can make the JNLP prompt to use Java 1.6-->Javaws.exe.

Regards

Prem A

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The blog below provides another technique to select the JDK/JRE version to launching using shortcuts.

prem_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eng.. this is a very useful information

Regards

Prem A

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Check this note  1770625 - PI: Launching the Integration Builder fails with InvalidArgumentException

Also try to use another browser, with firefox i had this problem but with IE i can open it, try also with chrome.

Regards.

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Please take a step back with the Java version. Install JRE6update31 or JRE update45, it will resolve the issue.

The other reason will be your bandwidth/proxy settings. client.jar is more than 10mb file and if some packets are lost while pinging the ip of SAP PI server then this issue is common.

1. If you are using IE to open the SAP PI page, then in Programs-> Java-> Network Connection choose browser settings.

2. If you are on the same network as of the server any of the setting Browser setting or Direct connection will work fine.

3. Also if you are on same network then do go to Internet Options-> Connections-> Lan Settings and go to advanced and enter the URL of SAP PI in exceptions.

Regards,

Vikas Kumar Singh

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Uninstall java 1.7 version from Control panel..and install 1.6 as suggested abv..

Regards,

Azhar

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Check your Java network setting (Control panel -> Java -> select Direct Connection option) and change it Direct connection.

Thanks

Hari.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lots of people were experiencing same problem after switching to java 1.7. What you need to do is either use an older Java version for ESR and ID, or enable Java console:

Go to Windows Control Panel -> Java -> Advanced tab -> change "Java console" to "Show console"

This should solve the problem for you.

Regards,

Grzegorz