cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i have more than 3 necessary branches in fork element in Integration process in PI 7.1?

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

how can i have more than 3 necessary branches in fork element in Integration process in PI 7.1?

by adding a block element I can have 3 necessary branches... but I need 7 necessary branches.... kindly explain please... my scenario has 7 different senders and one receiver. I need to combine messages from all the 7 senders to the receiver.

Thanks,

Nirmal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure what you meant by having three branches only, you can add more via dragging and then dropping it into the block e.g

to

Hope this helps,

Mark

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I was able to drag and drop as many but in the fork element configuration there is a field called "necessary branches" which cannot be increased more than 3 if its within a block element. if the fork element alone is used then cannot increase "necessary branches" more than 2.  What does this mean ???

Thanks,

Nirmal.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

You first need to do what I did in the screenshot to change the value of the necessary branches, for a four-branch fork, add the receive step four times and then only change the necessary branches. In the screen, I inputted 5, but as you can see the maximum value is now 4.

The same is true even if the fork is inside a block

Hope this helps,

Mark

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

yes you are correct.  I am able to add 7 necessary branches... guess I dint try it properly earlier.

Thanks,

Nirmal.

Answers (0)