cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined Message search not working

former_member611341
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm using SAP PI 7.31 Java stack only ( no GUI). I'm trying to configure User-Defined message search in my PI system but its not working.

I followed the SAP document " How to configure and execute used defined message search"

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/803b22cf-ad75-2f10-0790-da055f2e8...

from Step 7 to 7.6 ( excluding 7.3 Define Namespace prefix).It is not working when I test it.

Are there any additional steps I need to perform for this? Please help.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're facing the same problem. While all other UDMS work fine there's one UDMS which doesn't work.

I guess this issue is caused by a DEFAULT namespace.

Here's a example message:

I want to search for BuyerOrderNumber and i'm using this XPath:

/Order/OrderHeader/OrderNumber/BuyerOrderNumber

An here's the error message in the message log:

Configuration looks correct except for the fact that I cannot configure a namespace without a prefix.

Filters configured for message types WITHOUT namespaces are working fine.

Is there anyone with a working filter for a message type with a default namespace?

Regards

Markus

former_member611341
Participant
0 Kudos

Xpath I was using was ' /MT_Account/Header/CONF_NUM'    I just mentioned it wrong here.

I am testing with both the old messages before UDMS was created and also new messages after UDMS. Mone of them are working.  I ran Indexing job also.

little back ground:

These are  SOAP messages are coming from my 3 party eCommerce website to SAP PI then going to CRM. Its an BP account update message.

Here are the screen shots of my UDMS config:

Prefixes:

Thank for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the receiver component name, put * and then check?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member611341
Participant
0 Kudos

Tried that. Created a new message and tested but not luck.

Thank you !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

UDMS will not work for the messages which came before configuration was done. So try for the messages that came after the configurations.

For a change, try to configure the Inbound Service Interface and xpath for the same interface and test. Check if that works.

Regards

Osman

former_member611341
Participant
0 Kudos

Osnam - I have tried using prefix namespace  and prefix value as 'ns' but, still he same.

This is the Xpath expression I'm using '/MT_Account/Header'.

Nabendu - I went through the blog. Have done all the steps mentioned. still no result.

Any other settings or config I need to do? This is a Asynchronous message.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>Xpath expression I have used  in config. is '/MT_Account/Header'.

First of all, ur Xpath should be - /MT_Account/Header/CONF_NUM

Secondly, the easiest  way to check prefix/namespace (if any) is go to RD -> click on Condition -> xpath and select parent node and once u do that u will find prefix and namespace (extreme down at the expression editor).

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

As amit mentioned, correct the xpath and try again. If still not working please answer the below queries.

Are you checking for the messages processed after you did the UDMS configurations?

Are you triggering the interface end to end or testing from PIMON-->testing tab and then checking?

Can you share the screenshot of the UDMS configuration that you did?

Regards

Osman

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aday,

Cross check with this blog of :

Mentioned:

"Use an XPath expression or choose header fields. In case you choose for an XPath expression, do not forget to indicate possible namespace prefixes.

Just to be sure, check how a specific message enters the system and see if namespace prefixes are involved."

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why u have excluded defining namespace prefix step?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member611341
Participant
0 Kudos

I wasn't sure what to enter in the Prefix Name space and Prefix value.

Below is my test XML file. I have defined search based on 'CONF_NUM' in Header.

Xpath expression I have used  in config. is '/MT_Account/Header'.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add namespace of the MessageType in the prefix namespace and in value give value as "ns" and try.

Regards

Osman