Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XS job stuck in RUNNING status

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have an XS job that normally completes in 2 minutes that has had a RUNNING status for days.  I looked at admin console performance and truly nothing is running on server related to this so it just seems to be stuck with false status.  Deactivating the job and saving and then activating again is not working.  How can I reset this status?  For now I've resorted to manually running the job which runs fine as normal.  So nothing is wrong with the actual procedure.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Really I'm the only person to experience this?  I guess it's time to open SAP message....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Have you solved this problem? Although I did not know the details about your scenario, but if I were you, I would first try a simple case, e.g., keep the stored procedure/xsjs function to run in less than one second. The purpose is to test the XS job can work. Have you tried this?

Best regards,

Wenjun

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sound like a bug around the job status display to me.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wenjun,

It's still a problem.  I don't want to change the job right now as I have a message open with SAP and don't want to destroy the evidence.    I'm sure i could just deleted and recreate it for example but i'm worried if this ever happens in production i want to know how to fix it.  But this job has been running fine all this time and I have many other XS jobs running in same package with no issues.

-Patrick

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah I think you are right Lars.  Now the question is how to workaround it and clear the status.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just an update on this.  I read this is indeed a bug and the problem occurs if the server is shut down while the XS job is running.