cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebate partial settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running into an issue where I have a new price condition for rebates and I have a rebate agreement that is getting updated with billing document rebate amounts for this product.  But when I go into partial settlement, it shows no money available for partial settlement.  I just do not see anything wrong with the set-up.  Any ideas on this?  Help is appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi

If a condition in a rebate agreement is retroactive the sales volume will show 0.00 by default because it is unable to calculate a 100% correct figure. If this were the case you would need to update the
agreement with SDBONT06 then the real posted sales volume from S136 would be displayed in VBo3. There are a couple of settings that  could affect the amount proposed for partial settlement

as well that you can check in your case. In the definition of the agreement type  (VB(2 ) the payment procedure type, when set to A you would be proposed the accrual amount posted in S136 for your partial payment but if it is set to C you would have nothing in the proposed value, as it is manual and left to the user with that setting. Also the 'reverse accruals check box' when set and you post a rebate document the accruals would be reversed up to that amount if you had posted a partial payment previously.

I hope it helps you further
Kind regards
Brian   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

We went into S136 and enabled the update.  Then we used VBOF and ran that but no update occurred.  If try to settle the rebate , it shows the full dollar amount we had expected that was accrued.  But if we go to partial settlement (Pay) it shows no value.

Also, what impact does enabling info structure S136 have on current open rebates?

Thank you.

Susan

0 Kudos

Hi Susan

I assumed incorrectly that you were using the 'new' rebate procedure in your first post.

If S136 is incomplete after the switch over to the new procedure.

These issues are covered in note 105681.

-  When you activated statistics structure S136, you must set it up
    again for existing billing documents. You can do this via the
    standard function for the statistical setup of billing documents
    (Transaction OLI9). 'Redetermination of the update group' and
    'Update documents' are not required.
    Then copy the set up version to version '000' (Transaction OLIX).

Check the note for details related to the new procedure and this process.

On the impact of activating S136 versus using the old procedure.

Advantages:
The payment takes place via S060 and so is the process faster
The full pricing funtionality is available
Drill down is shown using S136 and so is faster

Disadvantages:
An update of the invoices via SDBONT06 MUST be done when the
agreement is retroactive
The final settlement is not possible when KONP-KSPAE is set (retro)
The drill down is not reliable before the invoices of the rebate
are updated by VBoF
No control run possible after settlement (note 174941)

I hope this helps further
Kind regards
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian, We are still having issues.  We moved our config to TST. We followed these steps in DEV successfully and now in TST it is acting differently.  We did:

Enable synchronous update of info structures S060 and S136

Run MC3V to collect all pending V3 updates

Run OVB3 to rebuild the index (VBOX)

Regenerate info structures in OLI9 (enter invoice range to update)

Create rebate agreements

Run VBOF to update the rebates with the invoices that are now in the info structures.

The accruals show in verification and invoices but sales volume is blank.    The condition exists.  The price procedure is there.  The posting keys are there and have accts assigned. What are we missing?

Thank you.

Susan

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the accounting documents generated for those billing documents or you face any error while posting into accounting.

Kindly check and revert.

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Accounting docs successful with accruals noted.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly refer the below note for running SDBONT06 :

456458 - FAQ: How does the report SDBONT06 work?

Running that report will update the statistics S060 info structure of Rebates.

Kindly check.

Regards,

SRK

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check VKOA for the account key and accrual key and their respective G/L accounts.

Regards,

SRK

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share what is the exact error it is showing?

• Also check in VBo2 ->REbate payments->sales volume-> in which what is the accruals it is showing?
  • When you clicking on Pay button what is the maximum amount it is showing, check whether already partial settlement  done ( credit memo requests)?
  • Also check the below link SAP Library - Rebate Processing (Partial Settlement)
Former Member
0 Kudos

In sales volume it shows $0 for accrual but in verification level it shows accrual of $5.85.  The pay button shows $0.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In sales volume it shows $0 for accrual but in verification level it shows accrual of $5.85.  The pay button shows $0.

If sales volume showing $0 and Verification level is showing $5.85 means definitely there must be Partial settlement done for that $5.85 amount.

Please go to VBo2 ->goto Rebate payments-> click on Rebate document-> there if you observe either credit memo request or Credit memo for $5.85 then my guess is correct.

Please run once again the program SDBONT06 or t code VBOF if the above is not matching.

If the above of my guess is correct then you can not do any partial settlement since it is already done the partial settlement.

Please check and update.

thanks,

Srinu.