Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI AEX - Different IDocs for Inbound processing

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a requirement here to build an interface able to process an XML file and input 2 different IDocs at a time into ECC.

Basically, PI has to read POS (point of sales) information from an XML file and map the data to WPUBON and WPUFIB IDocs in the same shot.

What would you suggest about this scenario on 7.31 AEX?

Thanks !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

Also keep in mind about "SAP Note 1774773 - AEX: Multi Mapping fails for multiple msgs for one interface" if you plan to implement multi-mapping in PI 7.31 AEX.

Regards,

Nabendu.

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tks Nabendu!

We're running AEX on SP12 which brings already this fix (released on SP6).

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tks for the quick replies.

I was wondering if I can indeed use multi-mapping/message split for IDocs in AEX.

The example that Hareesh provided, as per what I understood, there's an decision being taken according to a source field so in that scenario PI would create one or another.

Here, I'll be identifying in mapping time some key fields in source structure and will be creating always both IDocs every time the interface runs. Would it still be okay for using msg split/multi-mapping?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. It should work.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rafael,

Yes, Multi-mapping will create 1 or multiple messages based on the Mapping conditions you give and on the Key fields coming in Source Payload at runtime,

Regards,

Azhar

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

right! I'll set things up and let you know the results.

Really appreciate your inputs!

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

you can design the scenario with multi mapping. refer the below doc for mulimapping scenario

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael

Check the following link. If i am not wrong you have the similar requirement. In your case it is File to Idoc and Idoc with ICO.

Regards

Osman