Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables not moved to new tablespace after the stack upgrade

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have done stack upgrade along with TM 9.0 installation on Netweaver 7.31 using SUM tool SP11. DB is Oracle 11g on Windows 2008 R2 server. we have used standard mode for the procedure. Few tables are residing in old tablespace PSAPSR3731 still and which are not moved to new table space by SUM tool.

we have referred the note "1819182 - Tables (TTREE*) remain in old exchange tablespace" to move TTREE* tables to PSAPSR3 table space since TABART APPL0 is belongs to PSAPSR3 as per the table IAORA.

we have done the reorg for affected TTREE* tables which are moved successfully. But still two more tables DDMTF_SAV and DDMTT_SAV residing in PSAPSR3731 tablespace. we have checked the data class for the table in SE11-->technical settings which is showing SDIC.

SDIC is belongs to PSAPSR3 table space hence can we move the these tables to PSAPSR3 or do we need to change the data class of the tables and move to corresponding tablespace?

Kindly help us.

Regards,

Pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am aware of tables DDMTF and DDMTT during an upgrade but I have never come across the tables DDMTF_SAV and DDMTT_SAV.

It appears to be that someone might have created these tables as a backup.

If I were you I would check the contents of these tables and if they are empty I will drop these tables and finally the empty tablespace PSAPSR3731 as you have a new tablespace is PSAPSR3731X

Take Care

Reagan

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks RB,

It is not empty tables. each tables has more than 25k entries. just moved to corresponding tablespace  (PSAPSR3) according to the data class.

Thanks a lot,

Pradeep

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Hope your issue got resolved. But still adding some notes.

1. 1715052 - Tablespace cannot be deleted after upgrade àGives information on the reason behind the existence of data in old tablespace.

=======================================================================================================================================

As per note 1848753

The first time the SUM installs NW 7.0 EHP2 on NW 7.0

it will create the tablespace PSAPSR3702 (or PSAP<SID>702), because of SAP_BASIS will be on 702 level.

- if SUM will be used a second time to install Support package stacks, SAP_BASIS   level remain on  702, so  the tablespace that will be created will be SAPSR3702X, because SAPSR3702 already exists.

Conclusion: 

Please check, which tablespace is empty, PSAPSR3702 or PSAPSR3702X, you can delete the empty tablespace.

Remark: If SUM will be used and NO shadow system is involved (option “single system”), the tablespace name will remain.

1. 3. In some cases both tablespaces contain objects, in the old tablespace some tables can be found.

ATTENTION! If you try to delete the tablespace DO NOT ignore the warning in the DB tool, that the tablespace is not empty.

Thanks,

Needu

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos
tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Giri,

We have already referred this note.

Thanks ,

Pradeep