cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7 SP4 PL 13 schedule don't work

0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I have created a session policy with many channels, for some channels I have to schedule a start at night but this kind of scheduling doesn't work.

The problem is that in Afaria server log I can't find any ERROR or INFO or anything else about the problem.

I have applied the policy on the affected machines after the change on the policy, but the scheduled jobs doesn't work anyway.

Other session policies with schedule works fine, then where I can understand where is the problem?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I am going to assume this is not an iOS device, since it is a session policy.  When you put a client side schedule on a policy and you apply policies, if it is not a iOS you should see a .wpp file go down to the device.  Check the connection event details of the session and see if this file did transfer to the device during the $$Workprofilepolicies$$ server channel.  If this hasn't gone to the device, the device may not have the schedule yet to run.   Try using the run channel notification instead and see if that file goes to the client.  If so the device should begin to check in.

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

your assumption is true, we use windows client.

I don't find the $$Workprofilepolicies$$ but the $$ChannelApplyPolicies$$, this is the result:

Insert Channel \$root$\$$ChannelListings$$
If 0 = 1
N    Set Variable <%ServerListingsDirectory> \Data\Replication\In\\Listings\Current
N    Set Variable <%ServerPreviewsDirectory> \Data\Replication\In\\Previews
Else
   Set Variable <%ServerListingsDirectory> C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings
    Set Variable <%ServerPreviewsDirectory> C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Previews
x F    File Status C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\*.stale
    If Previous Event TRUE
N        Message Preparing channel listings. Please wait...
x N        File Status <%ServerListingsDirectory>\\ProcessingListings.dat
| N        Execute \Bin\XSCommand.exe -replacestaletenantlistings WAIT FOR 10:00
N        Wait <%ServerListingsDirectory>\\ListingsReady.dat 10:00
    End If
End If
*Insert C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Database\Windows-Listings.evf
*Test Variable Windows Windows
Set Variable <%ClientTIDDirectory> C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj
NSend C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\*.dat |ListingsReady.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\*.*
NSend C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\*.dat |ListingsReady.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\*.*
x FFile Status C:\Programmi\AClient\Bin\XChViewer.exe
x| FFile Status C:\Programmi\AClient\Bin\XcPatchMgr.exe
x& NSend <%ServerPreviewsDirectory>\*.XCP TO \*.XCP

And $$ChannelListing$$

FlagsEvents
;Apply Policies on the client
;But first, run listings...
FlagsEvents
If 0 = 1
N    Set Variable <%ServerListingsDirectory> \Data\Replication\In\\Listings\Current
N    Set Variable <%ServerPreviewsDirectory> \Data\Replication\In\\Previews
Else
    Set Variable <%ServerListingsDirectory> C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings
    Set Variable <%ServerPreviewsDirectory> C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Previews
x    File Status C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\*.stale
    If Previous Event TRUE
        Message Preparing channel listings. Please wait...
x F        File Status C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\ProcessingListings.dat
|        Execute C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Bin\XSCommand.exe -replacestaletenantlistings 2 WAIT FOR 10:00
        Wait C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\ListingsReady.dat 10:00
    End If
End If
*Insert C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Database\Windows-Listings.evf
*Test Variable Windows Windows
Set Variable <%ClientTIDDirectory> C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj
NSend C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\*.dat |ListingsReady.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\*.*
Send C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\*.dat |ListingsReady.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\*.*
Send C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\L14.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\L14.dat
Send C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\L16.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\L16.dat
Send C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\L17.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\L17.dat
Send C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\L18.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\L18.dat
Send C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\L23.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\L23.dat
Send C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\L27.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\L27.dat
Send C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\L28.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\L28.dat
Send C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\L30.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\L30.dat
Send C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Data\Channel\Listings\2\L427.dat TO C:\Programmi\AClient\Data\u4wj\Listings\L427.dat
x FFile Status C:\Programmi\AClient\Bin\XChViewer.exe
x| FFile Status C:\Programmi\AClient\Bin\XcPatchMgr.exe
x& NSend <%ServerPreviewsDirectory>\*.XCP TO \*.XCP

I don't find .wpp file in Afaria Client and in this log too.

This two job starts when I apply the policies to a device.

If i put only 2 or 3 channel in the policy the schedule works.

There's a limit of channel inside a single policy?

Same time scheduling for different channels can produce problem?

Thanks.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It might be conflicting.  In the channel administrator, I would make a new channel set and put all the channels you want to run into that.  In the policy itself I would just link the channel set.  That will set the logic to keep things in order.

0 Kudos

I have created a new Session policy with only 7 channel with different schedule, but at client side seems that the information never arrive, the policy update haven't any error in log and works for the other policies.

What can I do?

Thanks

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The client will need to connect in to the server to pick up the assignment.  Select the client in the device list, use the run channel option and select one of these channels.  Then check the server message logs and connection logs to ensure it connected.

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Is possibile to schedule different channel to start at different time?

If it's possible what are the best configurations to do that?

In the Imageyou can see what I mean with different channels and different schedule, my configuration is wrong?

How can I create a policy or a channel or other to have this kind of functions that works?

In old Afaria 6.0 server I can make many different monitor and associate this monitor to a channel to run it at scheduled time, is possible to in Afaria 7?

Thanks

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes, it is absolutely possible.  You do have the different schedules built and assigned.  Since these are windows clients, there should be a .wpp file on the client once it connects.  This is just straight xml and you can open it with Notepad.  You should see all your schedules in that WPP file. One caveat for Afaria 7  You do need to have a session policy with the channel linked and that does need to be linked to the group.  9/10 times it is not working, something hasn't been published/and or linked. 

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

I can't find the .wpp file.

where I can find it?

thanks.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Typically it is in c:\programdata\aclient\<servertransmitterid>

If you do not have one check your linkages of groups and policies, and the channels and schedules inside them.  Then connect the device once manually to the server.  The file transfer log should show this wpp file being delivered.  If it is not, there is an issue on the server side.  if it is and the client still never fires the schedule then we have a client issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

in attachment the WPP.

thanks

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Okay so that means the client has the schedules down on the client.  7 of them in fact.  Verify that XCmonitor is running. Check the event viewer for errors around that binary.

0 Kudos

Hi

in the XCMonitor log I found this error:

11/10/2014 18:53:01 ERROR WorkProfileAndPolicies::ParseWorkProfileAndPoliciesFile: Error, Evaluating the Specified Work Profile And Policies File, "C:\ProgramData\AClient\Data\u4wj\b4aa6841.wpp".

11/10/2014 18:53:01 ERROR WorkProfileAndPolicyMgr::InstanciateWppObject: Error, The Allocated WorkProfileAndPolicies Object is Invalid.

11/10/2014 19:26:52 ERROR XML_Parser::ParseDocument: Schema validation failed.

11/10/2014 19:26:52 ERROR XML_Parser::ParseDocument: Element "{x-schema:WPP}SingleSched" unexpected, As defined on the basis of a model in the contents of the parent"{x-schema:WPP}Trigger".

Previsto: {x-schema:WPP}DailySched.

thanks

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I think I see the problem.  Or a problem anyway.  XCMonitor does not like the 03:05:00 AM no startup schedule as it is scheduled for a single date and time. 
Either change that to a daily schedule , or delete that particular schedule and assign another to that channel and  then reconnect the client.  Make sure the XCmonitor fires with no errors.

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

where you see that the problem is 03:05:00 AM no startup schedule?

Why server don't log anything?

Why I can't schedule a channel to run only one time?

Thanks.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

ERROR XML_Parser::ParseDocument: Element "{x-schema:WPP}SingleSched" unexpected, As defined on the basis of a model in the contents of the parent"{x-schema:WPP}Trigger".

Can you apply Service Pack 5?

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

And the server log does not log anything because the error is wholly a client error. 

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Sorry but I don't agree, the error is not wholly a client error, indeed the problem was solved with a better Channel schedule configuration on the Afaria server,I think  also that a MDM system should understand if a client connected with it wasn't updated with right options.

Coming back to your question, I can't update to SP5 because there's a known issue in the custom view that causes an exception error in the Afaria Administration console, and the PL5 don't solves it

Thanks a lot for the help, have you been very courteous.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Matteo,

Thank you for the kind words.  This is a code issue and was a client side solution delivered in SP5.  Agreed the server should have had a log but this was never an intended response.  The client is a very old client and as such does not always report every error back to the server.  The configuration should have been valid but the client's code could not process this.  I am glad we could get this resolved for you.

Tracy

Answers (0)