Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP TIMEOUT for Synchronous Call - Can I set for one Comm Channel

neal_florine
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear PI Folks,

We have PI 7.31 Rel 5  (single stack).

Most everything is running fine.  We have on interface that occasionally gets a TIMEOUT error.  We are working with the external system for a long term solution that should occur in a 1-2 months.  In the meantime, is there a way on this one HTTP channel that we can increase the timeout up to 10 minutes or 600000 milliseconds.   I tried on the Module tab to add XMBWS.Timeout = "1" to see if it would fail and it worked fine.  So it seemed this setting does not work for HTTP calls..or as I believe I read you cannot reduce them below 2 minutes. 120000 milliseconds.  So maybe it is working I just need to test with a HUGE file and see if it fails over 2 min. or 10, etc.  I am having difficulty forcing this in Development, but do not want to move or test in production unless I know it is working(one way or the other).

Is this something that is possible to set for a single HTTP Synchronous Comm Channel?

Thanks for any insight.

Neal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

neal_florine
Explorer
0 Kudos

Eng/All - Thanks.  I made some mistakes in the original information and testing.   Let me do some more research and come back with a clearer question.  This discussion can be closed now.

Neal

neal_florine
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes indeed it is the receiver.  The sender is a Proxy out of SAP, then we do a Synchronous call on the Receiver side to update an external system that is taking too much time.  Like I said, they are working on long term solution and it does not happen too frequently.  Seems strange that you cannot set the timeout level for the outbound receiver adapter, but I guess not.  Thanks for your help.  Neal

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neal

I think you need to use the syncTimeout parameter on a channel that has an existing CallSAPAdapter in the module sequence. I don't think you should be adding that module into the channel if it is not already there.

If there is no such module in your HTTP_AAE receiver channel, check on the sender channel. Are you using SOAP sender channel with XI3.0 protocol? Try adding it there.

Rgds

Eng Swee

neal_florine
Explorer
0 Kudos

Additional Information.

When I add it as the last module I see in the log the following:

I see this first

Informational -  MP: processing local
module localejbs/CallSapAdapter

Then This

Error   -    MP: exception caught with
cause java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method
java.lang.Object.getClass() of a null object loaded from local variable
'obj'

Seems that by adding the CallSapAdapter I needed value is at NULL and causes a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

U are using HTTP_AAE adapter as a sender or receiver?

I think, this parameter works only with sender.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

neal_florine
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit.  The document came up fine for me.  When I add the the CallSapAdapter module and the set the syncTimeout(200000)  then I get the error "HttpAdapterException: NULL_MESSAGE" and message NDVL.   This is when I put it first in the module list before existing module AF_ModulesMessageTransformBeam which does a Transform.ContentType set to "application/xml".  When I put it after that module I get a very nasty message in the log with and ending of"

ModuleException method on bean instance

com.sap.aii.af.modules.trans.MessageTransformBean@12fbfd3b for bean

sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.mod.trans.app*xml|com.sap.aii.af.mod.trans.ejb.jar*xml|MessageTransformBean

in application sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.mod.trans.app.; nested exception is:

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method

java.lang.Object.getClass() of a null object loaded from local variable 'data':   Seems like adding in that module makes the interface think it has a NULL file somehow.   When I remove the CallSapAdapter it works fine.  Same payload.

Thanks for anymore insight you or anyone may have.

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos