cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 'HTTP status code 400 Bad Request' while executing HTTP request (calling method 'get_status')

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to refresh cache on PI system (NW 7.4 Dual stack) using the transaction SXI_CACHE.

I am receiving the error message as [ Error 'HTTP status code 400  Bad Request' while executing HTTP request (calling method 'get_status') ] This is appearing on the main screen as soon as I execute SXI_CACHE.

Kindly help on this,,,

Thanks and regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please check SAp Note # 1894606

1) HTTP response does not contain a valid XML root tag or Error 'HTTP status code 400 Bad Request' while executing HTTP request (calling method 'get_status')

The error 'HTTP response does not contain a valid XML root tag' occurs when path prefix of the destination is '/dir/hmi_cache_refresh_service/ext'.

The error 'Error 'HTTP status code 400 Bad Request' while executing HTTP request (calling method 'get_status')' when path prefix is '/dir/CacheRefresh'.

Solution: Go to transaction sm59 and open destination of type 'H' INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI. Select "Connection Test". The connection test should return HTTP response 200.

Now go to "Logon & Security" tab and ensure that username and password are stored in the system. Fixing credentials should fix the problem.

Note: Credentials cannot be tested via "Connection Test" tool. If used credentials are wrong, the server simply returns login html page (using HTTP response code 200). As the login html page is not a valid cache refresh xml document, an error is shown in sxi_cache.

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

Thanks for your reply.

We have checked SAP Note 1894606 - HTTP errors in sxi_cache,

Problem still same.

Thanks and regards,

Arun

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you go to sxi_cache and hit F7? This should let you know if there is anything wrong with the configuration.

Also may i know the user you have configured in RFC destination? It should be system user with below roles.

• SAP_XI_CACHE_SERV_USER
  • SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_PI_CFG_SRV
  • SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for your reply. Kindly find below screenshot for (F7, RFC User, User Type and Roles).

=========================================================================

Thanks and regards,

Arun

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you maintain the correct password? password status shows " is initial". if you have given some password then i believe it should display as "saved"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Now password has reset and updated in RFC, Error Status HTTP Response 403 - Forbidden.

Thanks and regards,

Arun

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per the note 1894606 - HTTP errors in sxi_cache

One more workaround currently exists for this problem: Go to sm59 and open INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI destination. Use following path there:

"/dir/hmi_cache_refresh_service/ext". Do not forget to re-enter password on "Logon & Security" tab, otherwise you might get 'HTTP response does not contain a valid XML root tag' error described above. Save the destinaion and retry the cache refresh

Try if that works..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I have changed Path given, Now RFC "OK", SXI_CACHE same 400 error.

Thanks and regards,

Arun

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you also share the screenshot of sxi_cache (F7) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure,

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see that cache status is up to date? if you refer to your previous screenshots it has got some inconsistencies.

You can try making a dummy change in ID and see if the cache get's updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thank for your support, Issue solved by changing path = "/dir/hmi_cache_refresh_service/ext".

Now it's working properly (SXI_CACHE) .

Thanks and regards,

Arun

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that is what i suggested

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

~ Regards,