Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item released information for PO items - SRM ext. classic

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

a very, simple question. What's the most effective way to understand, in an Extended classic scenario, that a specific item has been released/distributed to an ECC backend (therefore, that a specific item has been used to generate a corresponding position in a follow-on document on ERP) ?

Is there any specific field to track such information in SRM?

For instance, for contracts the distribution table tracks such information, and also the couple BBP_PDBINREL and SRRELROLES can be used to obtain details on follow-on documents and positions.

For PO I can't find any way to achieve such information; the only way I found is to use a META_GET_DETAIL to search for a specific document on the backend side and then compare item by item. But is quite time-consuming, I bet there's an easier way.

Thanks for your suggestions/support.

M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

table BBP_PDBEI doesn't give enough information (together with the status of the document you are checking)?

Regards,

Robin

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin, thanks for your suggestion.
Unfortunately, BBP_PDBEI is not helpful for the task.

To articulate a bit, an example of an ext. scenario typical flow:

- Create a PR on the backend and transfer it to SRM;
- Create a PO as follow-on document of that PR/SC;

- Release the PO so that the document is replicated on the ECC backend.

So far, the status of the PO is "Ordered". Any item of the PO has an entry in BBP_PDBEI with some fields filled.

Now; add to the ordered PO some new positions. A new, change version of the document is created, and new positions (filled manually or imported by other PR/SC) are added.
This time, I'm just going to save/park the PO without ordering it.
If I look the change version in BBP_PD transaction I can see that added positions are identical to the ones that have been ordered previously, and specifically, these items have an entry in BBP_PDBEI with the same set of fields already filled.

Thanks,

M.

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just tested in my own system:

1. Ordered PO that was replicated to ECC, the following fields are filled in table BBP_PDBEI for item 1:

BE_OBJ_ITEM              00001
BE_OBJECT_TYPE           BUS2012
BE_OBJECT_ID             3003004239

2. In the (saved) change version only the new item is shown where these fields are not filled:

BE_OBJ_ITEM

BE_OBJECT_TYPE

BE_OBJECT_ID

So that should be enough? BUS2012 is the ECC PO BUS type.

Regards,

Robin

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Right Robin, that's true.

I didn't get the point as a getdetail() at runtime retrieves data from the change version and not from the (historical) active version that has been closed by a previous distribution.
Actually getting data based on versions guids provides exactly the case you described.

So... solved. And points awarded.

Thanks for your support!

M.

Answers (0)