Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of Transfert Requirement to Transfer Order

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have activated immediate creation of transfer orders. This means all transfer requirements created for material staging are automatically converted to transfer orders.

We have a strange phenomenon in which only for some users, TR are not automatically converted to TO. If we duplicate the same user, the newly created user does not have this problem.

Can someone please explain why this occurs?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

check OSS KBA 1572908 - WM-PP Interface: Automatic TO creation not working

Pay attention to point 5 and 6:

1. If no mail alert is issued, check transaction SMQ1 under queue name WMIM* to see if there are any blocked queues.
  2. If there are any failed processes, these can be cleared from the blocked queue in transaction SMQ1.

Andrzej

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andrzej, thanks for your feedback but the symptom is not the same as the note you posted.

Note 1572908 states:

"Once saved, the header status of the TR is set to 'E' completed, but no TO exists"

As you can see one of my screenshots, TR status is not set to E.

I have also checked all other information concerning configuration in the note, I have defined all correctly.

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you also check queue name WMIM* in SMQ1?

I had similar problem. Clearing  failed processes in SMQ1 helped to solve the problem in my case.

Andrzej

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Andrzej, this has resolved my problem.

(but with queue name "*")

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

heather_woytash_iv
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to create TO manually from those User id from which system is not creating TO automatically this will give some idea where the system criteria is not getting fullfield

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manish, from LB10 those users can convert it to TO manually.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you activated the mail control?

This is the important and almost only option to know the reason why a TO could not be created.

It is mentioned in any documentation: Automatic/Immediate Transfer Order Creation

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it a regular case or one off case ?

If it is one off case then it might be at the time of Auto TO creation due to some locking (could be material lock , bin lock) system could not create the transfer order

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manish, this became a regular case for a list of users. I have about 4 users who can no more convert automatically as if the SAP user is registered somewhere. If I create a new user by copy from one of these users, it works again.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Jurgen please configure the Mail alert. Refer the below link(prepared by Sinead Curran)  to get an idea about how to setup the mail alert

Determining the Warehouse Management movement type during TO creation - ERP SCM - SCN Wiki

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jürgen & Manish, this is a good idea.

However I have activated the mail control but I didn't receive any notification whenever TR is not converted to TO. (FYI: in the Mail Recipient columen, I filled my SAP account)

I think I have missed some steps, what I did is fill OMKX as follows:

Do I have to configure the table in:

SPRO -> Logistics Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Interfaces -> Inventory Management -> Define Movement Types -> LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to update the value 'A' in mail column of the

SPRO -> Logistics Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Interfaces -> Inventory Management -> Define Movement Types -> LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have updated the mail column for movement types 319/261, thinking failed TR conversions during production order release will be notified. I can see a list of Transfer Requisitions in LB10 but I didn't receive any notification.

Do I still miss some setting?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You started the thread stating that you have problem in "Auto TO creation" and our solution was that you configure the mail functionality and system will notify the reason why the TO creation fails.

Now in the previous thread you mentioned that you are looking notification for failed TR creation during production release, Correct me if i misunderstood

The above solution is only to get a notification if any Transfer order creation fails

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think I didn't express well in my last thread, what I said is "failed TR conversion" (Meaning failed TR conversion to TO)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please share the screen of configuration along with the Header detail of TR

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos