cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create OData Service for Logical DataBase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have  requirement for creating odata service for Logic Data base but i didn't get any solution.

Please Help Me.

Thanks in  Advance.

I am waiting for response. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surendra,

If you really cannot past using the LDB, function module "LDB_PROCESS" is one option  to query the LDB.

Below is a reference from Help that might give you some more thoughts

Best Regards,

Ram

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

logical databases are bound to SAP reports. Linking to a Logical Database - ABAP Programming (BC-ABA) - SAP Library

So the only way would be to call a report from within the coding of the query method that you have to implement in your data provider class.

How to fetch the output of a report has been described by Glen Simpson in his post .

Nethertheless I wouldn't recommend to follow this approach just to get the data using a logical database.

You should rather take a look at the coding of your logical database and start to implement the data retrieval directly in your coding of your GET_ENTITYSET method.

This is for sure less error prone and can better be debugged.

Best regards,

Andre

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Surendra,

According to me i don't see any direct way u can consume those directly and create GW services.

I feel a custom logic has to be written which will get data and has to be consumed in GW level.

Regards,

Ashwin