Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map IDOC segment ZPA9901 to segment ZPA_9901 in ESB

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI Newbie here.

I have an IDOC interface in ESB with all the segments mapped. Now a new segment has been added i.e the source IDOC has new segment ZPA9901 and the target IDOC ZPA_9901. They are named slightly differently but they have the same fields within. How do I map these? I don’t want to apply mass mapping as I am worried I overwrite all the other objects, and I don’t want to have to drag each field into the bottom section to map individually as this will take too long.

If I click on the segment in the Source side, and on the segment in the Target side, and then select the ‘map selected fields’ icon, and click on apply mass mapping, will this work?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Glen,

Select the segment of the target structure and select the segment of the source structure.

Next, click on the button Map Selected and Substructures If Names Are Identical.

This button resides on the left side of the garbage bin.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thank you once again for your answers, and apologies for hassling you.

I can see this button above, however it says 'If Names are identical'. In my case all the field names within the IDOC segment are identical, however the IDOC names themselves are not i.e. ZPA9901, and ZPA_9901 on the other.

Will this still work?

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope

You need to drag them one by one.

I know, something message mappings can be a pain. But you only need to do it once.

Afterwards, only updating specific fields or segments is easier to do.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Answers (0)