Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New IDOC struc in IDX2 but not in ESB

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI Newbie here.

Hi, I have an IDOC which goes from Send system to Target system via PI. The structure has changed, and in IDX2 I can see the new segments for this IDOC.

When I go to ESB, to Message Mappings, the new IDOC structures are not there? How do I get these to appear here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

You need to import them again.

Open the correct SWCV and go to Imported Objects. Import the relevant IDOC again.

Next, refresh your Message Mapping to be sure the new structure is used.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thank you for your quick replies.

I am in the ESB, in my correct object, and in the Message mappings tab.

How do I import the relevant IDOC again? Do I click on the icon for ‘select message’ and then on ‘Find Design Object, or, ‘Import XML or XSD’?

Or do I go to another area, or transaction, in PI to reimport?

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

First, you need to import again on SWCV level. Search for the Imported Objects part.

Under the namespaces, you can find it.

Right-click on it and make a connection to the SAP back end system.

After that, you can refresh your message mapping.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When i right-click Idocs, and then ‘Import of Sap Objects’ I get a popup but the SAP system is that of the receiving system and I need this for the Sending system.

Any idea how I get this as it simply seems to default with the Receiving system and no option to choose the relevant system?

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

You need to 'link' a SAP system to the SWCV.

Double-click on a SWCV and take a look at the right hand side.

Preferably, you link a SAP development back end system to the SAP PI development system.

The screen shot above shows the default connection parameters for a specific SWCV, but you can always choose for another SAP system to go to.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I am having problems in the SWCV to enter the system to connect to the Sending system as I only have access to my Receiving system. Basis have said that I cannot have access to Sending system, so this is not possible.

The person that did this before me, I think used a Technical user for rfc/idoc import from this Sending system.

Do you have any idea where this should be entered or how to approach this?

Or, should I be asking Basis then for other info rather?

Thank you in advance.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

You need to have a login id and password for logging in to the sending system to be able to import the idoc. Please raise a request for user id and password for logging in to the sending system with the admin/security team. Then try to import the idoc.

Regards

Anupam

Answers (0)