cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which HANA rights are minimal needed to import table definitions in SAP DS?

0 Kudos

Whitin my organisation we are relative new to HANA. Currectly we are building some ETL with SAP DS to load data to HANA.

To be able to build a dataflow a HANA tabledefinition must be imported. When doing so we are faced with the following error:

Because we also have a POC environment where we are succesfully able to import a tabledefinition we are almost sure that the issue is caused by the rights the HANA user has. So the question is: what are the HANA rights needed to be able to import a table definition in SAP DS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member256353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

I am quite new to Hana, but I have been working with DS for years now.

When I look at your errormessage, I have the impression that the user in DS that does connect to hana has no privilege to read that data that he tries to import.

Question: Have you checked in Hana the users role and authorization? Check this user profile, and add the right to at elast view the table that you need.

Sure hope this helps you resolving the issue.

regards

Greg

0 Kudos

Dear Gregor,

Checking the role's and authorization is the key indeed, but that is also my question. Which roles/authorizations are needed to be able to do the definition import.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well either the user account used  to connect to SAP HANA actually has at least SELECT privilege on the objects that shall be imported, or the CATALOG READ role needs to be provided.

With the role assigned, the table definitions can be read even without direct access privileges.

- Lars

0 Kudos

Hi  Lars,

Thanks, these rols are assigned already and because it is not only through SAP DS we see this issue, we now think it has something to do with the hana node itself....

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry - I didn't really read the error message properly before.

It says "Column 5 not bound" - which is an error you'd get when you try to execute a prepared statement and don't provide values for all parameters.

This seems to be a client (in this case DS) issue.

Can you find out which SQL statement was issued here? (ODBC trace might help if DS tracing doesn't provide this)

- Lars

0 Kudos

there it is a default function of SAP DS, it should work. But it trigged me. maybe it is that we have a 32bit hanaclient on a 64 bit application.... under investigation.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope that would not even get you the error message... time for a support incident....

0 Kudos

After indept investigation it looks like we have found the issue. We have several nodes on which the a patch has been released and on al these nodes the issue appeared after the install of this patch.

The hana version we have the issue with 1.00.82,00.394270

We have submitted a Call with SAP for this.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean the A-patch? As in A-Team hahahaha....

sorry... glad to hear you seem to have found the cause for this.