Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Update Request Approvers for a stage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have the below scenario.

In User Access Review process, we have generated UAR requests for nearly 1000 Users.

Now in one scenario - 100 Users are reporting to same manager. UAR workflow job has already been run and requests are pushed to all managers.

Manager who has 100 UAR requests in his inbox is on long leave and he hasn't enabled delegation as well.

Now for the 100 requests which are already in progress and in the Manager's inbox, Is there any way to mass update the approvers for that stage or Forward those 100 requests to another approver at once instead of admin forwarding the request individually to another approver?

~ Madan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madan,

You can delegate this Manager's work items as an Administrator to some other Manager (or otherwise) as delegated Approver. The new approver will be able to view all the 100 request pending for earlier Manager.

You do not have to forward these work items individually.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Please correct me if my understanding is not correct.

Requests are already in Approver A's Work Inbox.

Now If I make Approver B as delegated approver for Approver A

Then Approver B will be able to see the requests of Approver A in his work Inbox and can approve them. Is it?

Meanwhile I will also check once in system and update you.

~ Madan

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madan,

Actually when you do delegation, the whole "Inbox" of main approver will be transferred to the delegated approver.

So any work item pending (or new) in main approver's Inbox will be available in delegated approver's work inbox.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Madan,

Login as administrator and forward tasks assigned from old approver to the new/delegate approver.

This will help you in delegating all of such tasks in one shot to the available approver.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for the help.

Admin Delegation works perfectly for our scenario

Have a great day.

~ Madan

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ameet,

Hope you are doing good.

May you share how an Administrator can forward all requests to some one at one shot?

I have not seen this. This will be helpful, if required.

What I know is, search requests (from NWBC) and then open each request individually to forward it. I do not know how I can forward all pending requests to a delegated approver.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for the Details

Hi Ameet,

Even I wanted to know how all pending tasks can be forwarded by admin at one shot, so that I can propose this approach as well

Thanks in advance.

~ Madan