Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Graphics

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have some struggle with Business Graphic UI Element in Web Dynpro.

I have a simple requirement. I just want to print x/y values on the diagram of type lines.

x should be a date (like yyyymmdd) and y is for example a quantity.

Like:

DateQuantity

How do I use Series, Point and Value elements of the Business Graphic UI Element to get a line diagram out of this data (four x/y points connected with lines)

Any help?

Thanks

Elko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

Refer to my document as below

You need to bind the date and quantity accordingly.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

thanks for your reply. But I already found hundreds of bar char examples on the web. I need a line type example.

I made up the following example in excel. That is what I need.

I this possible with business graph UI Element ?

Elko

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

Yes, you can achieve your requirement as well. Follow the suggested document and in STEP 3 , change the chart type to LINES, or some other chart as per your requirement.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

thanks for your help. I followed your advice and this ist the result in web dynpro I get:

It already looks good, but still quite not what I want.This is not exactly a x/y diagram as the x axis just has the date as four equal categories and not real values as in the excel diagram. Dates 05.10.2014 and 06.10.2014 should be closer together then 6.10.2014 and 20.10.2014. This is not reflected in the web dynpro diagram, but in the excel diagram.

Hope it is clear what I mean.

Is there a way to get this done`

Thanks

Elko

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

You need to prepare a list of dates between given two dates and bind it to the x-axis context node. So that all dates gets visible within diagram and hence it gets compacted.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

but then I don't have y-values for this extra x-values in between.

Elko

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

In that case, you need to have separate node which populates x axis n y axis data. The line values should come from other node.

Create a separate node and bind the categories to the attribute where all the dates are listed.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama