cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Provisioning Role Assignment

0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I would like if it possible for us to have auto provisioning for certain non-derivable  role .   We are currently implementing GRC 10.1 and it was suggested for those roles which non derivable we define multiple owners . However the concern was this will lead to e-mail notification to multiple approves  which the business seems not keen on this .  After reading forums one approach would be derive all non -organization role with domain and assign role owner so that the notification would go to the app rover however there is hesitant to use this approach due to the amount of work needed . 

However after done some check I see  in the role upload template we have one column with

Allow Auto Provisioning  [ Alphanumeric(1)] [Y/N]

If this is set to Y  and no role owner is defined would the  role would be assigned automatically without going through the approval process . In our organization only approves would be having access to GRC thus end users would not be able to submit a request   . Not certain if this will work but any feedback would much appreciated . I try to find the meaning of each of the column but no success .

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

In role template Allow Auto Provisioning  [ Alphanumeric(1)] [Y/N] indicates auto provisioning in target system after approval or not

Role template is  used to import the back-end  roles into BRM,in another way it will information about the role status in BRM.

if i understand correctly,your issue is to define default roles

follow the below link to know get more details

BR

Baithi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Allow Auto Provisioning  [ Alphanumeric(1)] [Y/N] - This option will allow the role to be auto provisioned or not at the end of the request or end of the path according to your settings. This option doesn't work if you want to role to be auto assigned without any approvals.

There is another option called "Auto Approve Roles without approvers". Check if that helps you.

1709391 - AC10: Auto Approve Roles without Approver Configuration Parameter 2038 is not Checked

1757735 - Auto Approve Roles or Systems without Approver

1765630 - ARQ: "Auto Approve Roles without Approver" option not working when Role Owner stage is the first stage of the path

Can you confirm if your requirement is to assign roles to the users without any approval stages??

If this is the case, then you can create one path with no stages and route your requests to that path then the roles will be assigned automatically whenever request goes to that path.

But is this the process you are looking for?

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hi Both ,

Thank you on the providing me some guide for me to do more research on this . 

Madhu , the requirement is to get those non derivable role to be assigned automatically so that approvers won’t get multiple notification . The SAP Note is really helpful I will go through this  .

Hi Baithi ,

Deviating from this topic , I assume to define role owner in Access Control  we need to us the role template right is there other approach to define role owner . 

Role template is used to import the back-end  roles into BRM,in another way it will information about the role status in BRM.

Regards

Kumar