cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts (only) about SAP EE 4.7 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

Firt of all, I know that there are a lot o thread about SAP installation and in theory I don´t need support because in http://service.sap.com/instguides

I have "all" about SAP installation. But I´m SAP Basis newbie and moreover these docs are not objective. if anyone could help me It will be great..

I have 16 months Abap experience, 6 months DBA (trainee) Oracle, and good knowledge in OS MS Windows and network.

I've installed SAP Netweaver 2004 Abap Trial on my PC.. But i would like a real enviroment with J1B1, ME21N, MIGO, MIRO ...and so on.

I want and I will (I hope) install SAP EE 4.7 on my local PC (Win server 2003 Enterprise SP2, Asus M2N-E, Athlon64 X2 3800+, OCZ 2GB DDR2 Dual channel 128bit, HD Seagete 200GB SATA2 7200RPM).

In the download section on service.sap.com I found installation files => SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE 47X110 / Windows Server / Oracle

If possible, Please answer my doubts bellow.

D1 - These files below is complete? in other words, Can I install SAP with them?

D2 - Does Anyone have installed SAP before with this files below?

D3 - Which files bellow does I need (obligatory) to install SAP? Please tell me a

list e.g. 20,21,22 ...

e.g. I know that file 1 (Doc) I don´t need , 15,16,..42,43 too and go on.. I need

you tell me only core files to set up SAP.

I don´t need SAP GUI because I have it and I know how to install..

D4 - which sequence must I install files bellow?

D5 - How long time (average) I'll spend to install it (without issues)?

Please take a look here List of files => http://www.geocities.com/faquino666/SAP.html

Regards and hails,

Flávio Aquino from Brazil - Sao Paulo.

MSN => ff_aquino@hotmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doubts answered!

Thank you!

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oops....ok i'll try my very best GGG

first:

plz use 47x200 SR1

(not 47x110 SR1) -> it's newer have a look under: Installations and Upgrades -> SAP Application Components -> SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE -> SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE 47X200 -> INSTALLATION -> WINDOWS SERVER -> ORACLE

you will need:

-> RDBMS Oracle 10.2

-> Oracle Client 10.2 for WINDOWS/I386

-> Kernel cd 6.40 (unicode/non unicode...what you will choose)

-> Export CDs (all 8!)

-> Installation Master 6.20/6.40 Linux on IA32 32bit (i presume you're on i386)

-> SAP NW04 SR1 IGS (Internet Graphics Server)

and...if you wish to use it:

-> SAP NW04 SR1 SAP J2EE Engine (SCS NTINTEL)

Sequence:
-> get + read installation guide and the appropriate sapnotes
-> install RDBMS (using runinstaller)
-> install central instance (using sapinst)
-> install database instance (using sapinst)
-> perform post isntallation steps

time:

depends...if everything works out fine, you'll need about 1½-2 days...about ½ day for the server to implement (incl. prerequsites checking), ½ day for oracle and ci and roughly 1 day for the database instance (incl. database import) and the post steps...

good luck!

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas Herzog.

I think I´ll not install SAP 4.7 EE anymore because its installation is very prolonged.. the problem is not complexity but time and guarantee... heheehee...

and what about 4.6D (SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EXT 32-BIT) it´s more simple and less prolonged? How long time? I found 46d installation files on https://websmp104.sap-ag.de but there aren´t export data...

take a look..

Oracle9i Database Onl. Docu. 9.2

4.6D EXT Kernel ORACLE NT,AIX,HP-UX

Oracle 9.2 NT 1/3

Oracle 9.2 NT 2/3

Oracle 9.2 NT 3/3

Oracle 9.2.0.4.1 NT

Oracle Failsafe 3.3.2 NT/Intel

Oracle 9.2 Patch Set 7 AIX 64 64Bit

Oracle 9.2 Patch Set 7 Tru64 64Bit

Oracle 9.2 Patch Set 7 HP-UX PA-RISC 64Bit

Oracle 9.2 Patch Set 7 Linux I386 32Bit

Oracle 9.2 Patch Set 7 WIN I386 32Bit

Oracle 9.2 Patch Set 7 WIN IA64 64Bit

Oracle 9.2 Patch Set 7 Solaris 64Bit

Are installation files ok?

I don´t need stay up to date..

Thank you so much..

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

4.6c with Oracle takes about the same time as installing 4.7EE with Oracle... you won't save much here.

and SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EXT is a component used by R/3 4.6 versions, you cannot just download this kernel and install from it, you need full kit that will also install Oracle and load the DB data.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

46C (which is actually the sap r/3 release...46D is just the kernel = executables) is no longer supported by sap..

-> take mysap.erp2005

it's the newest product and also quite easy to install...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric Brunelle and Andreas Herzog ,

Thank you!..

By the way, mysap.erp2005 is the same erp2005?

If not where I can get it? because in service.sap.com I din´t find...

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

both are the same.

you need to go get Netweaver 2004s.

if all is OK, close this topic.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, it's the same....if you do not find it, it might be that you've got no license (yet)...you could go for mySAP.ERP2004 instead (running on netweaver04 - do not mix up up with netweaver 2004s...)

GreetZ, AH

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

D1 - These files below is complete? in other words, Can I install SAP with them?

--> All should be there, but I prefer ordering CD kits from SAP, This way, I'm sure I have everything I need.

D2 - Does Anyone have installed SAP before with this files below?

--> not me.

D4 - which sequence must I install files bellow?

Read the installation guide, it is available on the KERNEL CD/DVD. or get hte latest one at http://service.sap.com/INSTGUIDES

D5 - How long time (average) I'll spend to install it (without issues)?

That depends on your knowledge anyway from 1 day to months. Usually completed within 3 days or less.