cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 1.19/1.20 bug when license is expired

0 Kudos

Hello,

For my consumer product customer, one of the biggest in the market, we are testing Lumira tool with manufacturing plant data.

Unfortunately, Lumira is not starting correctly when the license is expired, there is no error message appearing and Lumira is not opening at all. I only see that the Lumira.exe processes are started in the Task Manager. In short, I can't update the license key anywhere. I can only see in the notification bar that my license is expired.

Then, I am unable to log a ticket through our SAP IT system because they haven't created a component to redirect my ticket yet. I now have to ask my customer to create a CSS ticket for this issue…

I also have uninstalled Lumira 1.19 and install the new version 1.20 from the SAP.com but I still have the same issue, Lumira is not opening.

Can the Lumira product team please provide me a fix because I like to stay a bit ahead with my customer?

Best regards, Rudolf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

Your workaround solution worked out, Lumira is now opening. The next step is to obtain a new license key:

For the other others, the steps to follow are:

1. Close SAP Lumira

2. Backup the first file in some safe place, see picture

3.       Delete it

4.  Start Lumira

Though, this is neither a workaround solution that I can propose for thousands of future Lumira users.

best regards, Rudolf

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good to know it made the trick. This said, I 100% agree with you. We need a long-term resolution. Please work with Khuram and team along this route.

BR

Antoine

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolf,

This is an issue we're experiencing with very select users. It's currently being investigated, but we believe it may be related to a shortage of system resources during the installation process when injecting the personal edition license into the application. Nothing has been confirmed as of yet, but if you can share your setupengine.log files, we can take a further look.

It should be located in your C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\InstallData\logs folder.

If you can send it to support.lumira@sap.com, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

K

0 Kudos

hi Khuram, I sent you a copy of the setupengine.log file, my customer contact had the same problem. the file is too big to copy over here. best regards, Rudolf

0 Kudos

attached the screenshots of my bug

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

thanks. As i mentioned, the log file would also help.

0 Kudos

I would like to share the files, but it isn't allowed

0 Kudos

Hi Antoine, I sent you an email with the log files. Hopefully, it makes more sense for you than for me 😉 best regards, Rudolf

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

thanks. alternate option you copy/paste the log file content in your reply - so that every community member can help.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rudolf,

The only solution I found was to UN-Install ver 1.19/1.20 completely.   Install older version 1.17 with the updated trail keys and then update to the latest version.

This is a MAJOR bug which NO ONE is willing to ownership.  SAP kept asking for screenshot of the error but their is NO screen-shot to attach, since the product never launches.  The LUMIRA.exe is running but nothing is happening.

Regards,

Ajay

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay, I want to understand what Rudolf refers to when he mentions: "I can only see in the notification bar that my license is expired.".

I am not sure if the prior events you refer to were made explicit as per this community. Please mention the reference of the other posts if such is the case.

@Rudolf,  it would be useful to have the log file attached. It can be found here; C:\Users\I051666\AppData\Local\Temp\sapvi\logs (I051666 is my I user, please replace by yours). The file to take is the more recent one and name starts with TraceLog.

Thanks and regards,

Antoine

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the workaround solution but I can't propose this solution to my customer because we want to deploy Lumira on 400+ manufacturing sites. Moreover, Lumira product team is now deploying new releases every month, or at least every quarter. Hence, it's not sustainable workaround solution.

Let's see what the product team is saying.

Best regards, Rudolf

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolf,

Can you please attach a screenshot of the UI showing the expired license message?

Thanks

Antoine