cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message could not be forwarded to the JCA adapter. Reason: File can not be decoded: Input length = 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have configured a ODETTE EDI scenario (IDoc to OFTP), which is working fine unless there are some special characters(e.g. XYZ TECHNÔLÔGIES) in any IDoc field. In the module configuration for EdifactConverterModule I am using the edifact.encoding parameter with value as "ISO-8859-1" in addition to the Encoding parameter (in General tab - File setting) of the OFTP adapter.

Below is the failure log

InformationB2B EdifactConverterModule: writing character content "XYZ TECHNÔLÔGIES"
InformationB2B EdifactConverterModule: Message  will be sent as ISO-8859-1.
InformationB2B EdifactConverterModule: closing edifact segment with ":"
InformationB2B EdifactConverterModule: finished xml document
InformationB2B EdifactConverterModule: finishing xml tag "D_5375"
InformationB2B EdifactConverterModule: starting xml tag "D_5387"
InformationB2B EdifactConverterModule: writing "QT"
InformationB2B EdifactConverterModule: writing character content "1"
InformationMP: processing local module localejbs/ModuleProcessorExitBean
InformationMessage entered AF MP exit bean and will now be passed to the JCA adapter
ErrorMessage could not be forwarded to the JCA adapter. Reason: File can not be decoded: Input length = 1
InformationInitial configuration: OFTP Version 1.4(4) over TCPIP
ErrorMP: exception caught with cause javax.resource.ResourceException: File can not be decoded: Input length = 1
ErrorException caught by adapter framework: File can not be decoded: Input length = 1
ErrorTransmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection IDoc_AAE_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: javax.resource.ResourceException: File can not be decoded: Input length = 1
ErrorMessage status set to NDLV

Can you please check the details and help me to identify the root cause in this case.

Thanks,

Jitender

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using UTF-8 for the encoding parameter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor