cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Multi-Client/Single Client Approach for different Company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need your input for designing our system landscape.

We are Having 3 Companies. Says Company A, Company B and Company C. My Understanding is as below -

Option 1 : We would like Multi-Client System Environment. i.e each of above Company will have different Production Client in One box.

They will have same or different Chart of account and Controlling area. This option we will be thinking keeping in mind that any time in case we sell any of above Company, we could sell along with existing SAP Production Setup. Having different production client will give an ease for detaching production from existing landscape. This way we can get better price for company. But, this way we need to configure/copy all required configuration and SPRO in each of production client. Also, we need to configure additional RFC/ALE for transaction happening as a inter-company. 

Option 2 : We Can also have one production client/COA and Company A, B and C can be mapped under one controlling area. This will be cost reduction at same time we can have inter company transaction without any additional RFC/ALE.

Let me know if my understanding is correct and what will be pro's and con's comparing each above approach as based on this we need to give proposal to management.

Thank you in advance.

regards,

Rajat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat

Finally all the company's are under one group. in this case you can use either one of the option.

Regards

Sriram