cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move objects from Dev to QA to Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

in my company we have both Dev and QA in same box and prod in another box,we have one master SLD,when i move my objects from Dev to QA and to Prod by using the IR(export objects) do i need to create business system,logical systems etc again or not?

also what are the things i need to do in QA and Prod to make my scenario work properly.

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad -

For IR objects, landscape components (e.g. Business and Technical systems) are not relevant. For ID components, the landscape components are important. Since it seems you are using a central SLD, you need to maintain <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm">Groups and Targets</a>. This at least will automatically set the business system correctly per environment (i.e. dev/qa/prd). You still have to manually maintain channel information per environment however.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jin Shin

by channel information,do you mean the source directories and adapters etc?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad -

Yes, since such information is environment specific. Others include hostnames (or IP addresses), user credentials, etc.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx Jin

regards

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

in my company we have both Dev and QA in same box and prod in another box,we have one master SLD,when i move my objects from Dev to QA and to Prod by using the IR(export objects) do i need to create business system,logical systems etc again or not?

>> I think you are meaning ID objects here(business systems are automatically exported but it will be still pointing to Dev systems). You don't have to do anything with IR objects.

also what are the things i need to do in QA and Prod to make my scenario work properly

>> Make changes in the business systems and communication channel to point to the correct QA and Prod systems. When you export your ID objects user credentials are not exported you need to re-enter them manually.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Satish

what do you mean by user credentials?

thanx

ahmad