Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of storage process type in outbound / inbound scenarios

cristina_joulie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Guru's,

I am new to eWM and and trying to understand the process.

most of the times I came across the terminology warehouse process type. From forum I understand that in inbound process storage process type is maintained in warehouse process type.

system determines the warehouse process type based on Warehouse No. ,Document Type,Item Type,Deliv. Priority,ProcTypeDet Ind,Process Ind.

In eWM when the document type is determined system automatically determines warehouse process type and from there storage process. in process type it is getting determined whether putaway or picking process or etc...

in inbound process Handling units will be linked to Storage process for moving goods. Tasks will be created accordingly.

now my question is in outbound process - in initial step we will not have any Handling unit information.

from outbound delivery order we are creating task to pick the goods from source bin like ...

High Rack Storage

Rack Storage

Rack Storage - Near Fixed Bin

General Storage Area

Bulk Storage

now if my process is related to POSC ..goods needs to be moved from bin to work center for packing and from work center to greasing area.

now how the system understand the process steps in this case ? from where we will fetch steps of storage process.

" In inbound process I understand that the storage process information information is coming from warehouse process type. in case of outbound scenario from where system fetching storage process "

regards

Nazeer

+91 7829873044

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In outbound process storage process control is assigned at the warehouse order creation rule configuration and WOCR rule is then assigned to the warehouse process type.

There is no difference in inbound and outbound process in determination of process types based on document types and you can use the warehouse process type determination indicator if you have different steps for different materials.

Thanks,

Sandip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the most important thing: it is EWM (not eWM).

and: "In outbound process storage process control is assigned at the warehouse order creation rule configuration and WOCR rule is then assigned to the warehouse process type." and the WOCR can be assigned to the warehouse process type or can be determined for the activity area.

Brgds

Juergen

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen..for corrections.Difference between small 'e' and capital 'E' make lot of difference in warehouse management systems

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Him,

should not be understood as correction (ok, the small and capital e maybe ). The other is just for completition, because this gives a lot of possibilites.

Brgds

Juergen

cristina_joulie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your prompt answers !