cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF variants not updated logical sytsem name

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

we are transporting some CIF  variants from DEV to Test , but the logical system names are not getting updated to them after transport to TEST system. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashfag,

You can change the logical name with the program RCIFVARIANTCHANGE.

With this program you can perform mass change of logical name for RIMODGEN, RIMODAC2 and RIMODDEL. 

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashfaq,

It is a standard behavior. As suggested by Marius you need to use program: RCIFVARIANTCHANGE to change the logical systems.

Regards,

Bala.

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Ashfaq,

please see how the variants can be created with a variable for the logical system in this document:

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100004876802014E/SAP_BP/BBLibrary/Documentation/SCO_ERP...

you transport the variants and just change one value in a table and it is all done.

Frank

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashfag,

This is a standard behaviour.

Please read this article:

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashfaq,

I am not sure I really understand your issue.  When you transport program variants, the variants in that transport normally will contain the Logical system name(s) of the system you are transporting from.  I hope you don't expect otherwise.  In general, the Logical system names should be consistent between Development, Quality, and Production systems.

Best Regards,

DB49