cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can we use the user's logon language maintained in the user profile in SAP (SU01) language, date format, etc.., as the language for Fiori apps?

former_member189929
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expects,

How can we use the user's logon language maintained in the user profile in SAP (SU01) language, date format, etc..,   as the language for Fiori apps?

Is there any way to achieve it.

Thanks in advance

Ravi Varma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please look at the blog by Varun Reddy .

If you are talking about language for logon screen, logicall you can not get the language setting before logon.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masayuki,

Can we get the language the user mentioned in the launchpad after he logs in? if so, how do I do it?

Regards,

Joel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion successfully moved from SAP for Mobile to SAP Fiori

as the more appropriate community for this topic.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As per my knowledge language used in SU01 cannot be taken as Reference for logged in user.User has to select manually the language on launchpad as per his preference. Even, SAP documentation is giving conflicting answers for this question as below:

We referred to two SAP documents as below

1.http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em92/helpdata/en/48/cae5c9356c3254e10000000a42189b/content.htm

2.http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0ab36d0-ce31-3110-2fb9-bb7fe2e67...

As per the first link It is mentioned that

If the Language is not set as per any of the first 4 options then 5th option should work i.e

“If no language is defined by this process, the classic SAP system mechanisms are used. The logon language is based on the user settings (in transaction SU01) and if nothing is entered here, the default language of the SAP system is used automatically”.

But as per the second link (Fiori technical FAQ doc) it is mentioned that

“Q. Is there a way to use the user's logon language maintained in the user profile in SAP (SU01) language as the language for Fiori?

No. Browser language is taken as logon language. Users can specify language with saplanguage=EN parameter.”

These above two statements mentioned in these two links are contradictory. I have raised an OSS to SAP for the same and as soon as I will get answer, will update you.

Regards,

Arun.

gopi_nidjelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

We have similar issue. We want the language to be used from su01 as fiori logon language. Appreciate your input.s

Thanks,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi,

As it is some old thread, Please create a new discussion and we can discuss the same on that thread

Regards,

Arun.

gopi_nidjelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun. Just wanted to find out if you received response from SAP for your OSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

After all my R&D work , I understood that there is no provision to get the user preferred language maintained in SU01 as a default language for the user in Fiori.

Below are the conclusions for the user specific language settings in Fiori:

1. User language will not be taken from SU01 language preference.

2. User can be given a provision to select their desired language on the Fiori launchpad login page once the required language packages are installed on netweaver gateway.

3. User can use sap-language parameter explicitly in the Launchpad URL to set the desired language.

Regards,

Arun.

gopi_nidjelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun ,

How to achieve Point # 2 . Do we need to give extra authorization object to user ? Currently its greyed out for me .

-Suharsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suharsh,

Please make sure following things are in place:

1. Required language packs are installed on Gateway server.

2. Please follow below thread to enable languages dropdown in Launchpad.

How to Enable multi-language in SAP FIORI Launc... | SCN

Regards,

Arun.