cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement for overlapping trips in MTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am implementing MTT2.0, previously we used the ZEnhancementProvider to allow overlapping trips by writing the validation for the "TRIP_OVERLAPPING_VALIDATION" action. However in MTR2.0 I cannot find sufficient documentation to help me to recreate this validation, the concept seems to have changed completely. (I have a copy of the enhancement guide, this does not contain enough detail).

Is it possible to trap the default validation and write my own any more? If so can you let me know where the supporting documentation is for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marina,

The new MTT 2.0 uses mCAF. The enhancements are completly different. They are much more powerful because you can enhance almost all parts of the application.

For mCAF I suggest you read this <a href="/people/karsten.strothmann/blog/2006/12/12/the-mobile-client-application-framework--enhancing-mobile-applications-made-easy.

For the enhancement you are talking about please have a look at com.sap.mbs.mtr.trip.process.impl.TripValidationImpl.validateOverlappingTrips()

Have a nice day!

Julien.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured it out Julien - no need for a course, just a good book 🐵

I will be in conference with SAP tomorrow to confirm if I have gone down the right route with my solution ... If so I'll share it here, I don't want to post a solution if I've gone the wrong way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julien, unfortunately I am not the worlds most experienced Java programmer which I suspect is making things more challenging. I have looked at the validate overlapping trips but I was confused, this is a private part of the process impl class so I assumed that I could not use it from a Z class, or override it.

I can see from the documentation that I can add additional validation, however it does not suggest that I can override the current validation - which is what I need to do. Apologies if this is a very stupid question, but I am an ABAP programmer trying hard to understand the ways of mobile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes some methods can be private. They are used in general SAP implementation and should not be overriden. In this validation class, there are public validation methods that partners must reimplement (either changing, adding, removing) SAP code.

And you should get a Java course

Thank you,

Julien.