cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write off via LI21 with different movement types based on storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

currently we move all inventory differences to storage type 999 and write off from there via LI21 with movement type 711.

In the future we would like to be able to differentiate the differences via the material document. Our idea was to use different movement types to write off. My first idea was to route upcoming differences to different storage types based on the difference indicators. Then in second step somehow thell the System that when writing off via LI21 from storage type AAA use movement type BBB and when writing off from storage type CCC use movement type DDD.

Not sure whether we can somehow control this (e.g. via movement type Settings!?).

Thanks for all your help!

Hendrik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I think you can trace differences not through movements but difference indicators (transaction OMLX). In that way you can use standard reports to check differences and movements are just to write off differences not to track them.

Best regads

Carlos Díaz

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that this requirement can be achieved without modification.

The movement types are defined per warehouse in table T322

And the include program LLCMBF2L is just checking if the difference is positive or negative and then it takes the movement type from T322 (considering the stock category)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Manish and Jürgen.

What Jürgen stated in his last Response was also what I was thinking. I also tried new movement types on WM Level but no matter from which storage type I write off via LI21 the System will only consider the movements given in T322.

@Manish: Would be grateful if you send a not in case your simulations prove the opposite.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it only WM movement type you want to change or do you want a separate movement type in IM also

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Need it in the material document (so IM Level) as I want to take the movement type from there and send it via the MBGMCR IDOC.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theoretically it seems possible to me but i need to simulate and see whether the result as as per the expectation or not meanwhile i will just share the approach which i have  thought

1) Create a Custom movement type in Inventory management

2) Create a Custom movement type in WM similar to 711 & 712 (Enter the source and destination storage type in the Movement type type, Not sure but i need to simulate when we define the source storage type whether system take into consideration or not)

3) In the LE --WM --Interface--Movement type map the WM custom movement type to the IM movement type

As mentioned earlier theoretically it looks possible however need to be simulate in system and see what is the result