Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008057 - Type-Ahead: short dump in RS_SCRP_GET_GEN_DATA and performance issues

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can you please help me understand this snote? 2008057

There is a short dump in my ECC system for which I got this note as solution. The Note recommends to "use this kernel Patch" as a solution. but the SP level what they have given is not at all present in the marketplace. I have seen similar solution in the recent past. I may be wrong in understanding the notes so thought of taking it to you people for clarification

Also, what I have seen in the SNOTES was, "affected release" and "correction delivered in the SP" but the SNOTE released in the recent days does not seem to have these words. instead, in containes "validity" and "SP and patches". these changes create a lot of confusion!!

thanks for your help in advance

regards,

ASK 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi ASK,

What is your DB? and your DB's OS? I checked the service marketplace and I believe that the latest one is patch 100. The patches are downward compatible, so I'd recommend you to use the latest one. For that go to

-service.sap.com/swdc

-Browse our Download Catalog

-Additional Components

-SAP Kernel

-Select your Kernel

-Select your release

-Select you Application Server

-Select your DB OS

-And download the latest patch

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hugo

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response!!

My DB is SQL and the current Kernel is 741 SP 31. I can understand that going to the latest kernel will solve the problem. but what I am trying to know is what is given in the note.

also, we can't blindly apply the latest kernel in a production system.we need to have certain evidence to justify our suggestion to convince the Business as it involves Outage.

also, this is not just about one particular note I have seen similar recommendation in another note but was not able to find the recommended Kernel SP.

Thanks,
Siva Kumar

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Siva Kumar,

Sorry but I do not understand, the note says that from these kernel patches:       

SAP KERNEL 7.41 64-BIT

SP032

SAP KERNEL 7.41 64-BIT UNICODE

SP032

SAP KERNEL 7.42 64-BIT

SP000

SAP KERNEL 7.42 64-BIT UNICODE

SP000

You will not receive the shortdump detailed in the note. Obviously, the subsequent patches contain this fix too.

Regards,

Hugo

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

ok. my system kernel is 7.41 64 bit Unicode . can you help me find the Patch number 32 from the Marketplace?

I can see SP 31 , 50 and 100. where is 32 gone!!

thanks

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

SP 50 and 100 have the SP32 included. You will not find the SP32 anymore because there are new patches already.

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Refer the below notes for known error after applying kernel patch 100

2072235 - Known regressions in kernel 7.41 patch level 100

2077824 - SAP Support Package Stack Kernel 7.41 Patch Level 100

2083594 - SAP Kernel 740 and 741: Versions and Kernel Patch Levels

Can u share more details of your system

OS,DB,product and version,sps

Regards,

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

If that is the case, the Kernel SP 26 and 31 should also have been removed. how come these SPs still exist?! as already said, I have seen similar recommendation with some other note as well where in the recommended patch was not at all present in the SMP. so i am not trying to find the missing SP 32 but to understand the reason or the funda behind SAP's recommendation.

thanks.

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

In the note it is said to apply SP32 to fix a code error. Now it is up to you if you want apply it or not.

Regards

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for your wonderful suggestion!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ASK,

If kernel patch level 32 is not present in smp you can go with higher level of patch which is present in smp it will contain all the correction of sp 32.

Regards