cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error generating default workflow version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

After our workflow configuration was moved to the Quality system from Development we have been running in to some issues when trying to generate some of them.  Basically the configuration was transported correctly but when I try to generate the workflow locally I see the error "The system tried to insert a data record, even though a data record with the same primary key already exists CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB=>D" now keep in mind that this workflow is the default workflow with no custom code, BRF+ or anything like that so I'm wondering what could be the issue.

Something I notice is that the active version I see on PFTC is version "0000" and there are no other version but then when I look at version tables (ex.GRACMWCNSRLAPV) there are several version of that workflow.  My theory is that somehow the workflow objects and tables are not in synch and the system is trying to create version "0001" but the tables already have that version.  Can some one help on this issue?  thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tavarez,

Issue seemsto be due to the objects captured in TR's are not in sync across Dev and Qas.

How about  BC sets.? These have to be in sync across systems.

You need to double check if all of the workflow configurations were captured and moved on.

Regards,

Ameet

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

Is this the first time you are transporting to QA environment? If so, there might be a slight difference between activating BC Sets vs picking up the entire transport.

Are you able to run SCU0 comparison for the table GRACMWCNFNAPRV showing exceptions between DEV and QA to see what the differences are?

Next up, you can go into the expert mode (transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE) of MSMP maintenance and bundle the entire MSMP configuration as a single transport and move that again. The transport is like an IMG in this mode - you select all records and then go via the Menu to add the records to the transport. I've done this when I've wanted to clean my items up and merge all to a single transport for my MSMP items. Trying this, might pick up any missed records causing issue for you.

Regards

Colleen