cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF print preview not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I do not currently have ADS setup or a Java system to setup ADS with.

I was told by a consultant that ADS (Adobe Document Services) is not required using the "print preview" option when outputting a report from SAP. I have reviewed a number of SAP notes, implemented some in sandbox without much success. Although, it seems none of the SAP notes list ADS as a prerequisite so I am not 100 percent sure if it is or isn't. Is this true?

SAP Notes Reviewed are:

952297 - Printing PDF-based documents fails

685571 - Printing SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe

1444342 - Device type-independent printing of ADS forms

1066060 - Printing ADS documents with Kyocera printers

1580639 - Is a PDF software required in windows for PDF conversion via device PDF1

So far in sandbox I have implemented

685571 - Printing SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe, option 2

1444342 - For Front-end printing, (access type G)

1066060 - Printing ADS documents with Kyocera printers

Even after I implemented these SAP notes I still get the same error messages:

1. For printer LOCAL - Cannot find PDL type for output device XXXXX

or

2. For printer ZPDF1 - SYSTEM ERROR: SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP send failed with      exception communication_ (because ADS is not setup)    

Then I tried SAP note: 1580639 - Is a PDF software required in windows for PDF conversion via device PDF1

This too did not resolve the issue.

So far the only luck I have is generating the ABAP list and sending it to a LOCAL PDF device on the users windows system. Which was not acceptable to the customer.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the replies.

To S Sriram point: I did find the option for ABAP code but was told this report will be going away in 2 months so they did not want to pursue this option.

To V Srinivasan and Dhuvaraganathan M. point: Thank you for information on setting up ADS and links. I started down that path but was stopped again because this report is supposed to go away in 2 months. Also I really did not have the hardware available to install ADS anyway.

So based on the replies so far, ABAP code or ADS are the only real solutions to have the print preview output option create a PDF output. The only work around I came up with had nothing to do with SAP. I let the report be generated as an ABAP list then output to PDF converter application installed on the client machine.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

For printer ZPDF1 - SYSTEM ERROR: SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP send failed with      exception communication_ (because ADS is not setup)   

For above error, could you ref this scn link

Regards,

Dhuvaraganathan M.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

Have you check this SCN thread ?

BR

SS

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor