cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Confirmation on Order Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP guru's,

Our company wants to implement an automatic order confirmation send to the customer when an order is released. So it should comply to the following:

When an order is Released in SAP an Email should be send to the customer. However before the email confirmation is send it should be set on hold in  SOST until an user manually selects the order from the list to be released and send to the customer.

Can you guru's give me a step by step guide how I can implement this in SAP?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nazar,

As suggested , you can use USER STATUS PROFILE configuration required statuses and assign this to your sales order type.

and also you need to write a new routine for your output type ( order confirmation) to trigger to sales order only when the user status was set to RELEASED .

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will user receive an auto email or PDF copy? Is it vide using routine or user exit?

Can you please brief me the process of using routine configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

First of all I want to inform you that this can done by abap developer only.

First he should create a Smartform.

Then he need to convert the Smartform to PDF by using function module 'CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF'.

Next he may use 'SX_TABLE_LINE_WIDTH_CHANGE' to hold the content and 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1' for Sending the Smartform Output in the PDF format to email.

If you want then I can prodide you the source code also.

You don't need to use any Routine or User Exit for this perpouse.

Regards,

Avishek.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Use status profile in sales order. Create status like new, approved, etc.

Set your output on status approved as per your requirement. you may use requirement for this..

Once order will be created keep by default status new. so it means your email will be determined but not triggered. Once user change order status to approve system will release email.

Regards