cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run ASU toolbox during ECC6 EHP7 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why ASU toolbox message comes during the upgrade ? Can I bypass it ? Can I do the step at the end of the upgrade ? What is the importance of running ASU during the upgrade ? We must run it if not the upgrade will fail.

I have seen the command /n/ASU/Start or /n/ASU/upgrade. When I created it shows lots of OSS Notes under manual preparation. Do I have to apply them all ? How long is the process for ASU ? What option should I pick "start fully automated preparation steps "   " Start fully automated follow-up steps"  What is the pros and cons to run the ASU when the message pops up or after the upgrade. I have seen OSS Note 1000009.

How come it will not pop up when I was doing my sandbox upgrade but it pops up during my Dev upgrade.

Please let me know the details and consequences if I missed that steps and continue my upgrade.

Thanks

Mohammad Farooq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When I created it shows lots of OSS Notes under manual preparation. Do I have to apply them all ? How long is the process for ASU ?

You need to read all the SAP notes mentioned and take actions. As far as I can remember there was no action taken when I did the update but again you need to go through all the SAP notes and see if they are applicable. The duration of the process depends on how fast you are (assuming you are doing the EHP update).

Lastly, for a positive approach towards the threads you create from other useful members you should consider closing the threads once they are answered/resolved.

Good Luck

RB