cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remane objects created in IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to XI, please let me know how to rename objects i.e datatypes, MT, Message interface names created in IR.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kalpana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpana,

You can copy the object to a new name by using the Copy Object button in IR. (And then delete the earlier object if necessary)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riyaz

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189059
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To rename, Right Click -> Copy Object -> put a new name

delete the old one

To Move, Right Click -> Copy Object -> put a different namespace

delete the old one

and dont forget to change your setting accordingly, else you will have missing links

Former Member
0 Kudos

even i have tried to rename the object ... but i could never do that........

pls pls put it in the forum if u ever succeed in this process..

anyways as everybody said...make a copy of that object with a new name into the same namespace

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just right click on the object watever u want to rename..and den hit on "copy object" option..then a pop up window will come and do give the new name and the namespace,s/w component version under which u want the object to be created then save n activate.

Surely it will work...!

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

its not possible to rename objects,only thing u can do is,right click the object and hit "copy object" after that a small screen will pop up,over there you can rename the object and once ur new object is generated u can delete the older one.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpana,

i think we cant rename objects...but if u want to remane then just copy existing object and give the name u want....u can copy by just right click on that object.

Thanks,

Maheshwari.