cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Storage Bin for Movement Type 411 - E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in process of implementing SAP with WM.

There is requirement of sale order assigned stock (Value 1 maintained for Individual / Collective Indicator in material master). The sale order assigned stock is kept in the storage Bin in WM after receipt from vendor with reference to Purchase Order.

We have issue, when we transfer the material stock from Sale Order assignment to Own Stock. When we carry out this transfer posting, system selects wrong Storage Bin in WM, instead of selecting the same storage bin, where stock exists.

We are following the process given below -

1) The sale order assigned stock of material is present in storage Bin 01-A-08.

2) In transaction code MB1B, select plant, movement type 411, special stock indicator E.

3) In next screen, enter Sale Order Number / Item Number, Material Code, Quantity. Post the document.

4) The posting change notice is created for the document. Convert this posting change notice to Transfer Order in transaction LT05. System picks up the storage bin 01-A-01 (which is first bin of the storage bin as per sequence). This is not editable. Logically, system should have picked the storage bin 01-A-08, in which the stock is present.

5) The transfer order is confirmed in transaction LT12. The storage bin in not changeable here also.

Now, we have the issue, that the material is physically lying at storage bin 01-A-08 & in system it is lying at storage bin 01-A-01, wherein we have only changed the stock assignment (Transferred the stock from Sale Order to Own), but the stock is actually in same bin.

If this happens, the user is required to transfer the stock from the wrong storage bin to correct storage bin manually. This is wrong.

How to avoid this situation?

The system should select the same storage bin while carrying out this transaction else, there should be a provision to change the storage bin manually while creating / confirming the transfer order. But, at in this case, the transfer order is created with reference to Posting Change Notice, system does not allow to enter / change the destination storage bin.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your support.

I was able to resolve the issue myself. In configuration, I marked the check box 'Propose posting change at storage bin' for the storage type in warehouse.

With this, when I transferred the stock from sale order to own, system suggested the same storage bin, in which the stock is present.

Regards,

Prashant

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

Few query before answer your question

1) Both the bins(01-A-08 & 01-A-01) are part of  same storage type or different storage type

2) is the storage type search strategy defined properly for special stock

3) Please share the storage type search log from the Transfer order creation screen (Select option Environment ---Storage type search log from menu bar)

4) Check whether the manual bin input is check or not for the movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have checked the details as suggested by you.

The answer to your queries is as below -

1) Both bins are of same storage bin types.

2) The storage type search has been defined properly for the special stock.

3) I checked for the storage type search log as per your suggestion. The system displayed message as 'Log for Storage Bin Search does not exist'.

4) The manual storage bin input has been maintained for the movement type.

As the Transfer Order is being created with reference to the posting change notice, the field of entering the storage bin manually is not editable.

Hope this fulfills the query.

Can you please throw some light on the issue?

Regards,

Prashant Kolhatkar

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if i understood correctly then your problem is with storage type search where system is picking the stock from Bin 01-A-01 instead of 01-A-08,

Did you had a look on the storage type search strategy is the stock lying in 01-A-01 is also comes under special stock. It would be better if you can share the storage type search log at the time of creation of the Transfer order (you will get this information in Environment ----storage type search log before saving the Transfer order)

Could you please share the screen of the search strategy, TO and Stock