Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 senders to 1 receiver in SAP PI 7.1

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie and I don't know how to do BPM i.e., "Integration process" in ESR.  I get details from 7 databases and combine all the details through a direct mapping and send mail to a Receiver.  I have created 7 outbound interfaces and 7 abstract interfaces for the outbound details. one inbound interface and one abstract interface for inbound details. but I don't know how to configure Integration process.  For example : usage of Send, Receive, Transform, wait, switch, loop etc.,  Can anyone kindly guide me to any many to one scenarios?

I have searched all over the internet and I see lots of one to many scenarios, but I am not getting any many to one scenarios.  kindly help, please.
I read about using fork, but its not allowing for more than 2 branches and furthermore I don't know to configure any of the Integration Process elements(fork, send, receive, transform, loop etc.,)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

for N to 1 scenario only option is BPM. Please refer the below blog

regards,

Harish

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

This is NW BPM, I think from 7.3 or latter versions.  but I want to do BPM in PI 7.1 or XI 7.0.

Thanks,

V. Nirmal Kumar.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

you can use CCBPM in PI 7.0/7.1. Please refer the below blog and document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0e73c7b-5301-2a10-f1ab-832f301b6...

regards,

Harish

aust
Participant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot handle this scenario without bpm.  You need ccbpm for this. Based on the requirement you can go for message based or payload based or time based collect pattern.  Please refer standard software component basis in your ESR and see the workflow. This is one feasible way.  Many to one mapping can only be handled using ccbpm.

JuanDK78
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree ccBPM is the a technical solution for you scenario. But if you are challenged by development of the ccBPM object, or you customer would rather avoid BPM in their landscape; then you can try a creative solution using pure, standard PI functionality.

You could use a database as intermediary repository for the data between you 7 senders and your receives.

This will allow you:

• Simplify the mapping to the Receive, Mail in this case.
  • Have control over when the received data is complete and when to send the email using communication channel availability.

I will only be able to give you a guide on what to do, but hopefully it give you some ideas you can sort things out.

You will need:

• A database in any database server you system has access to.
  • The correct JDBC drivers for the database deployed in PI

1. Design a database schema(table) based on the data you need to create the Receiver Message structure.
    1. Make sure you have key fields as TimeStamp, Sender, TimeSent, which could help you managing and grouping data.
  2. Create a Mapping between the database table and the eMail structure you need.
    1. I will recommend you to use XML-SQL format to easy up the work.
    2. This is the help on how to use the sender JDBC adapter, Defining XML Documents for Message Protocol XML SQL Format - Configuring the JDBC Adapter in the Int...
  3. Create the Mapping from the Sender interfaces to the the Database.
    1. Need reference for using the reciever JDBC adapter: Configuring the Receiver JDBC Adapter - Configuring the JDBC Adapter in the Integration Directory/PC...
  4. When configuring use the Channel Availability Planning
    1. Planning Availability Times - Process Integration Monitoring - SAP Library

You can use the database to create different views, to control the interface.

Enjoy, interfaces with the JDBC adapter are very enjoyable to develop and troubleshoot

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes ... this is what i want to do... i need the interface to wait n collect all the 7 messages before leaving... how can i configure tat in ccbpm... kindly guide me to any scenarios or docs please.... i dont kno how to do ccbpm.... but tats what i want to do...

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

The below blog has described a scenario of 3 Inputs --> Output.

You need to change this to 7 Inputs --> Output.

Regards,

Nabendu.

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

yes i did this...... and i was able to add 7 senders..... but the fork element says that max input as 3 as i added the block element.  i dont kno if my scenario works now... anyway thanks for your input... is there anyway to make sure that the mapping takes place only after the 7 payloads are collected.

Thanks,

Nirmal.

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks but i would like to stick with ccBPM.  i would like to learn it....

yeah, i have to configure 7 JDBC sender adapters.... so your links could be helpful for me...