Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syclo Work Manager 6.1 over SMP 3.0 connecttest.bat exception

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed SMP 3.0.4 and ABAP Add-on on the back-end. Then I installed Work Manager application (actually, Customer Service 6.1.1.0).

I created the application on SMP as an agentry application. Authentication method is "No Authentication Challenge". App Specific Settings remained as default.

After that I wanted to test connectivity with the connecttest.bat script. I get the following error:

I tried editting JavaBE.ini file and filling the fields beneath [TEST_LOGON]. Fields UID and UPASSWORD, but the script uses the SERVICE_LOGON anyway.

By the way, I cannot find agentry.ini file anywhere.

Moreover, when I open url http://<smpserver>:8080/SAPWM_CustServ on a browser I get an empty page.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Leonardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Another issue is that I have published the application but no backend information appears on the console:

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the backend values are missing it means the Applications is not being loaded by the server.  What type of publish did you do? 

What steps did you follow when you published the applications.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

I have worked in Service Manager but I am sure the steps will be same in case of work manager too.

1. When you install Work Manager over SMP server, It must have created a folder structure ex com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application .

2. Here I assume you may have the a folder <WorkManager>.zip. When you extract this folder you will find the Agentry.ini file . Extract and keep this Agentry.ini in the same folder com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application

3. Import this application in editor and you can make the changes as required. Then publish the application in same folder com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application by selecting the Agentry.ini file.

4. The next step is to deploy the Application in SAP Management cockpit . Here you should zip the entire folder ie com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application  folder , you can rename the zip to Application.zip.

The intention behind zipping this entire folder is that this folder will contain the Application , Java , Agentry.ini, JavaBE.ini, All the required ini files, dll files and jar files and connectTest.bat file and Jco and Jco3 files. Hence when you deploy this file it will upload the entire configuration required for this application.

5. Once you deploy the application in SAP Management Cockpit, restart the server . Check the startup logs in <server location>\Server\log\agentry\Startup.log.

You should get your application name in the logs with the sub-URL

ex WebSocktes Front End: Opening Web Sockets servlet for sub-URL/<Your application name>

This will tell if the application is deployed properly .

When you execute this line ie https://<smpserver>:8081/<Your application name> you should get the message as "I am here"

The link which you have mentioned has port number 8080 , please use the port which is configured for your server.

If this works the application is deployed successfully . Hope it helps.

Thanks

Neha

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It was a problem with the certificate, actually. But thank you very much for those steps as they helped me find the issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I installed SMP as a development server.

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

Did you follow the instructions on the following SAP Note to deploy the application?

2060561 - Quick Start Guide to install SAP Work Manager 6.1.X with SMP 3.0 (Agentry)

This note has an attachment referenced as an external link. If you click on this link you will be redirected to a Google Drive resource which is the step-by-step guide on how to deploy the app on SMP 3.0.

Once you have the app deployed you can perform the connection tests on the folder via batch file.

Another thing you may need to check is the Java runtime that your command prompt is using to run the tests. SMP uses its own Java Runtime which might be different.

BR,

Ivan

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you Ivan. I am going to go through that documentation.

I think the most noticeable thing is that after publishing the application with the console the backend information is missing (see screenshot below).

Thanks for you help.